Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Who do you want to kill Damien?

I think The Divine should kill Damien. It would only be right.

Last edited by Demonic; 12/05/11 10:07 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demonic

While that might sound all fine, well and good to some.
Actually...I want to carve out his beating heart and eat it like an apple...

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I want to carve out his heart. Shove it down his throat. Pull it out again and then eat it while I smack his bald head and defile Ygerna's grave all at the same time simultaneously. That's what you call multitasking!

I might even draw that later!

addict
addict
Care to elaborate a little more about the defiling part.
That sounds.... nastyyyyyyy. grin

stranger
stranger
The Divine can't kill Damien cause he still thinks of him as his son. Besides, what fun would it be for the Divine to kill him.

S
S
Lucian (the Divine) kills Damian, and that frees the demon Ygerna and the Black Ring were nursing within Damians core- and the Dragon Knight is the one that kills the demon.

in regards to Ygerna- give her the Laiken treatment- except attach her head on backwards so she can watch! wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the Divine will kill Damian in Project E as I think that is the spritual successor to Divinity 1. The Dragon Knight game, project D however hmm, I don't know. I like the idea the DK kills a Demon prehaps the storylines of the two games will converge so in Project D the divine will appear as an NPC and vice versa in Project E.

Maybe as Shadow Tiger says, the Divine can't kill his son and wusses out at the end forcing the Dragon knight to kill him instead in his own creative way...

Ygerna died (again) at the end of DKS at least in human form anyway, that caused the divine to be freed.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
My opinion is that if Larian intended for Damian to be killed by someone OTHER than the Divine, then they never would have revealed he was alive at the end of ED, much less brought him back at the end of FoV.

old hand
old hand
Damian started a war on the Divine because the Divine killed the woman he loved.

Now that the Dragon Knight killed his long-overdue resurrected lover again... wouldn't it be most logical for Damian to go after the Dragon Knight?

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by virumor
Now that the Dragon Knight killed his long-overdue resurrected lover again... wouldn't it be most logical for Damian to go after the Dragon Knight?

I also think so. Damian lost his love once and turned evil. Now thanks to DK he lost her again, so he is probably pretty angry at DK.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
LOL. Divine and Dragon Knight argue over who gets to kill Damien after they defeat him in battle:

Divine: He's my son! I had the chance to kill him before but I failed. It should be up to me to correct the failure of my youth.

Dragon Knight: Yeah well he came after me after I had a vision and kicked me in the head! His lover also toyed with me and then he sought revenge on me after I killed her. He hasn't tried to kill you but he did try that with me. He should be mine to kill!

Divine: But I've been given powers by The Divine! They gave me these powers for a reason. To be a savior for the peoples of this world and that means it's my divine right to kill Damien. The people look to me to do this task not to you.

Dragon Knight: You failed old man! You failed twice! You were given a second chance and you blew it. Now let the professional handle it!

*Damien looks at the two argue and slowly crawls off*

Thus begins Divinity 4.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Hey! Who leaked our design docs? grin

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Originally Posted by Demonic
Who do you want to kill Damien?

I want it to be the Dragon Knight, because I have a connection with that character (having only played Divinity 2).

But it should probably be the Divine when all is said and done. For story reasons.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by WotanAnubis
I want it to be the Dragon Knight, because I have a connection with that character (having only played Divinity 2).

But it should probably be the Divine when all is said and done. For story reasons.

I can feel your pain, as my only experience has been with ED, prior to DKS. I'm afraid the story will likely let his holyness do the deed. Although, I would find mucho-mucho gratification in a personal slaughter of the Damn One. Something I have longed to do, after the depressing end of ED...

I need to fill that void and find some personal closure... evil

Last edited by SENIOR CINCO; 13/05/11 07:44 PM.

veteran
veteran
You're both right: The Divine killing Damian won't feel as satisfying without the player having a personal connection to the character.

That's why in my previous posts on this topic, I said that in the game where the Divine kills Damian, he will need to be controllable by the player for a significant part of the game to establish that connection.

This is also why once I knew that Flames of Vengeance would have the same player character, it was obvious that Ygerna would be the final boss. It's because of that personal connection which was established between "Talana" and the player which made the betrayal and reveal sting. There was no such connection established between the Dragon Knight and Damian. In one scene, in fact, Damian ignores the Dragon Knight to yell at Zandalor about the Divine.

(There are a lot of "D" names in this game, aren't there? Divine, Damian, Death Knight, Dragon Slayer/Knight...)

addict
addict
Sometimes, you make too mush sence...LOL

Granted it WOULD make it better if the big D was a playable char, however I'm somewhat of a grude-holder in real life, and that kick to the head still weighs a ton.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I told ya. Divine and DK start arguing over who gets to kill Damien. LOL

enthusiast
enthusiast
Easy: Damien makes himself sick with laughter as he watches the Divine and the Dragon Knight throw insults at each other. Whilst he is distracted an unlikley hero sneaks up behind him & deals the death blow; your creature! DK and Divine stop fighting, look at each other and shrug. Game over.

Seriously though having played DKS I'm not bothered either way who kills Damien. I know Lairan are making two games and Ill be buying the dragon knight '3D Divinity 2 style' one as I feel more of a connection with that game and my character. Especially if it will allow you to import your DKS character playable or not. It's a long, long time since I played Divinity 1 so much so I've pretty much forgotten it. Top down view games i.e. the other 'Divinity'3' game do not really interest me anymore. But that's just me.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

stranger
stranger
Can we be creative? The Divine stands in your way, he wants subdue his son and some how purge the evil within. A father's foolish dream, and the Divine's imperfection that leads to his own corruption and hence he becomes the FINAL boss for you to kill. But back to Damian. Can we not have a crossroad? A race with many ways to get to Damian. You and the Divine battle your ways through mazes of Damian's legions. If you get there first, you get to kill Damian, the Divine's grief over failing to save his son consumes him and later becomes your enemy. If the Divine wins, he, as previously stated, tries to liberate his sons soul, only to fail and again his grief consumes him and Dragon Knight gets to kill him. More killing, more plot lines, cool race sequence against the Divine. I already killed him once in a dream when he got in my way, why not for real. Even Zandalor and Bellegar could be forced to choose sides and different quest outcomes could alter the wizards choices, perhaps creating more main character killing options. The wizard that sides with the Divine could rally the full force of the Dragon Slayers against you. Rhode can come back and aid the Dragon Knight. Anyway, my point stands for something more creative. I'm done.

All Honorable men are of the same tribe.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Interesting idea, didn't cross my mind the Divine could become an enemy. I don't know how die hard divinity fans would like it though. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard