Print Thread
#446370 30/06/11 12:32 AM
B
Bjoirn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I'm stuck at the room at the top of Lovis's tower.
I got the orb however I have no potions and I am underleveled, so it's very hard for me to kill things. I think I'm level 7.
Regardless, there is no way out and I cannot fight the ghost that appears in the room below with no potions. I can bounce around and try to fight however I always die and there is NOTHING I can do about it. I recently overwrote my save at the top of the tower before first checking the door to see if it was locked, WHAT IS THE LOGIC BEHIND A DOOR LOCKING RANDOMLY WITH NO NOTICE WHEN YOU ENTER A SHOP, FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
I'm very mad at the moment because it looks as if I'm going to have to start a new game.
Are there any secret exits or other ways out?

Bjoirn #446372 30/06/11 12:41 AM
veteran
veteran
As soon as you pick the orb, the door unlocks.

No need to use it, the ghost is indeed strong, and you should probably wait a few levels.

Bjoirn #446373 30/06/11 12:41 AM
journeyman
journeyman
You could lower the difficulty if it's not already on the lowest setting, see if the shop has any stocked potions, if so, buy them. If you don't have enough money, sell materials above all else because once you get to a certain part in the game, they are easy to find.

What skills do you have? And what are your stats? The reason I ask is because if you are a Ranger, you can do this easily. If you are a Mage, you still have a decent chance. If you are a Warrior...a lot of dodging will need to be involved and you will most likely die. But using CC and AoE skills while waiting for your mana to replenish while dodging could get you out alive.

I actually plan on attempting a play through with the lowest possible level and beating the game, which should be interesting. This is the only time I have ever come across anyone in this situation and now I'm interested in trying it myself, granted I would be a lower level than even you though... But, hypothetically, the situations I am thinking of SHOULD work for you.

EDIT: Nvm then, you can get out normally...

Twilight #446376 30/06/11 01:10 AM
B
Bjoirn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
OK thanks.
I feel like an idiot now that the door actually unlocked.
Still, would have been nice to know that it unlocked in game via a visual que or something.
Anyway, thanks for your help.

Bjoirn #446379 30/06/11 03:03 AM
veteran
veteran
Level 7 is a bit too low for that area. You must have missed some things in the first part of Broken Valley.

Stabbey #446414 30/06/11 05:36 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Level 7 is "about" right if you run through the first part of the Broken Valley and start to do the plot. Mind Reading eats a lot of XP at first.

The first part in Broken Valley has Level 4 and 5 foes as "top" foes, so I made never much more than level 7. Those level 8 skeletons found outside the first part of BV are always a quite nasty piece of work (it quickly gets better, as everyone here knows ;)).

Silverdragon #446461 01/07/11 01:45 AM
old hand
old hand
Which is why it's easier to kill foes elsewhere or complete all quests in the village.

Demonic #446497 01/07/11 08:30 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Depends on the player. I was level 11 when I got to that part. Some people like finishing all quests in an area before moving on, some like to explore as many new areas as possible. Variety is the spice of life, etc.

I do not like the auto locking doors either. I usually have 3 saves spaced about 10 minutes apart in addition to the quicksave so if something does go wrong I don't lose much time.

Sintek #446516 01/07/11 12:07 PM
old hand
old hand
Saving progress in different slots is something every experienced RP gamer knows. In games like Divinity 2, you just don't know what could be around the corner or in the next room, for nightmare mode on earlier levels, saving often is a very good idea.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard