Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
paro Offline OP
OP Offline
well it would be nice to see one of the communitys ideas in a game like that.I just think that in divinty 3 if there are nothing to do with the dragon knight, alot of stuff will be missing...is this divinity going to be top down?

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
Support
Support

There is certainly more that could be done with the dragon knight, but I'm not sure it would necessarily need to be in Divinity 3. There's always Divinity 4... biggrin

Project E will have a top down camera view. Most people have been assuming it will be Divinity 3, but no details about Project E have been announced yet (that will come at E3 in June). Besides the general comparison to DD, the only things mentioned have been the camera and fact you would be able to defeat the main bad guy in the end.

old hand
old hand
Somehow I was always under the impression that Divinity was going to be a trilogy (with Beyond Divinity being a kind of "expansion" to Divine Divinity).

Support
Support

It was intended to be a trilogy, and Divinity 3 may well finish off the story arc with Lucian and Damian. However, there may (and should, IMO) still be additional games set in Rivellon. Any such games wouldn't necessarily continue to use the 'Divinity' name, but 'Divinity 4' is shorter than 'the RPG that Larian makes after Divinity 3 in the same game world'.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was also a trilogy, but ended up with 5 books.

paro Offline OP
OP Offline
i was never really a fan of top down games,besides a select few,but thats more like starcraft that im thinking of. but who knows? divinity 3 may change that.
Any way i just like the whole dragon aspect becouse its for one-cool,2-adds so much more to combat than anything!3-dragon knights story is tragic and solid

Support
Support

No details have been mentioned about the camera system in Project E, but I would guess it would it will be more isometric (like Divine Divinity) than straight overhead. The same game engine is being used for Dragon Commander, so there is at least the possibility the camera will be adjustable (game design and artistic consideration would limit the camera more than the engine itself).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

No details have been mentioned about the camera system in Project E, but I would guess it would it will be more isometric (like Divine Divinity) than straight overhead. The same game engine is being used for Dragon Commander, so there is at least the possibility the camera will be adjustable (game design and artistic consideration would limit the camera more than the engine itself).

Ah, I didn't know the same game engine would be used for both games.

PAro - Project E from what I have read will be isometric view and will definitley finish the divinity story arc. You will get to defeat the main bad guy in the end which I'm sure is Damian. Project D (Dragon Commander) will be the fix for dragon knight fans in the meantime but that is set in the past. I would like to see another game continuing the DK from Divinity 2's story but this would depend on what happens in Project E. Without playing and finishing it I don't know; all loose ends for all characters may be tied up in the end. They could do a Drakan backstory - you defeat the bad guy at a great cost - everyone dies! (evil laugh) evil

Seriously though - I hope that does not happen!

Last edited by Arokh; 07/04/12 02:15 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

paro Offline OP
OP Offline
like i said befor for the DK's ya know he/she still needs to restore the dragon knights and im sure that dragon slayers still hold grudges against them so there is an confict yet...what happon to rhode? did she ever get un-stoned XD....karma

old hand
old hand
Dragon Slayers won't exist anymore. The Divine One will tell them what really happened and that the Dragon Knights were innocent. Since nearly everyone on Rivillon worships The Divine One as a god, I don't see the Dragon Slayers not listening to him. Hell, the Dragon Slayers were only killing Dragon Knights because they thought that they had sided with Damien and killed The Divine One.

I'd imagine remaining Slayers would become Seekers (the order dedicated to The Divine One). Hell, I'd imagine the Seekers would become the dominant military force what with the return of The Divine. He'll be at the head commanding them.

I seriously hope Project E has us playing as The Divine One now. Imagine the NPC interaction. You'd have people worshiping you.

As for the top down camera, Dragon Age: Origins could be played with a top down camera on the PC but you could zoom it in to behind the characters. This was the only camera view for the console versions and Project E could do something similar.

Last edited by Demonic; 10/04/12 12:33 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard