Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lurker Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's possible to preorder the German version of Divinity: Original Sin on Amazon.de (see here). Scheduled release date is 21st May 2013. It looks like Daedalic Entertainment/EuroVideo will publish the German version.

As the German versions of D2:ED and FoV were published before the English versions, it might be that the English version of D:OS will not be available at the same time, but at a later date.

old hand
old hand
That date is not correct...

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
it might be that the English version of D:OS will not be available at the same time, but at a later date.

Dammit, not again, not the same mistake, Larian.
Don't do that.

Support
Support

Larian is self publishing their upcoming titles. While there could potentially be problems with certain distributors, I can't see every distributor in North America wanting to wait to see sales results from Europe, etc.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Well, U.S. distributors are sometimes a funny folk : Just look at the really poor distribution of Drakensang 2 ...

And, by the way, Eurovideo is also the distributor of the Divinity Anthology in Germany, according to an shop employee.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Larian is self publishing their upcoming titles. While there could potentially be problems with certain distributors, I can't see every distributor in North America wanting to wait to see sales results from Europe, etc.

I doubt there are people in the community who does not know the fact that Larian is a self-publishing developer, it is like written all over. What puzzles me is why did you mention America? How is this related to english language/version in general? Benelux release was english release (well, it was multi but it contained english as primary) and it is Europe as well, along with german one. What the issue to release it at the same time as german one? I mean digitally, of course, retail version isn't really important for me. As long as the game has the ability to switch to english language - I'm fine with any kind of edition (that's why i bought german original back then in early 2009 - it had english localization hat could be enabled via so-called "language hack").

Support
Support

North America had the latest release of DKS (aside from the eventual retail re-release in the UK), which was caused by problems getting a publisher. I'm not familiar enough with the details of the Benelux release to use it as an example. The German publisher was on board very early, so presumably that had something to do with that release being first.

Retail may not be important for you, but it would be for any publisher in a region. Distributors would be concerned about previous digital releases, as well. A distributor for the retail version of the anthology requested the exclusive D:DC and D:OS DLC items as something extra to help physical sales, though I'm not sure if that was to compete against the digital versions of the anthology or just to help it stand out in the retail space.

stranger
stranger
Well the divinity anthology developers diary cleared some interesting stuff here.
They wrote that bringing the german version out, was not very good at all. Thats because they couldnt fix in the german version, they could fix in other ones later.

So i just hope problems like this will not ocour anymore, well i read they are selfpublishing? Means that they finance theyre games on theyre own and just use extern publishers? I dont understand the marketing, maybe someone can explain it to me?

Need more nice item names like:

the iron hammer of the one handed tibar or

mushroom gloves of the double tailed elephant of the stars or

glowing helmet of the swimming bird master
Support
Support

Self publishing the games means Larian finances the games themselves, and is responsible for localizations, QA, getting distributors in various regions, production of retail versions, advertising, etc.

How Larian ended up self-publishing

Hi all,

I also checked Amazon.de and now they say that the game will be released on 29. Oktober 2013. Is this a correct date? I mean, a relative correct date...

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
Support
Support

There has been no official announcement of the exact release date yet. That data is a month past the last estimate we had, though (possibly Q2, probably by Q3), so seems like a conservative guess.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Link Copied to Clipboard