Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

The entire party needs to be together to change map areas (comparable in size to the first map in Divine Divinity), but other than that the main characters can separate. Any henchmen / companions will automatically follow their respective main character, unless you tell them to 'wait here' or send them to the shelter plane at the end of time to wait for you there.

Thanks Raze. I hope companions can have the same skills as the main chars do, so my sneaky PC can have a sneaky rogue companion so they can be sneaky together.

journeyman
journeyman
And, both character should be able to move independently (or you would'nt enjoy the 2 players sessions ^^

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
i have a question about requirements for DOS - is there any information about this subject?

Support
Support

No, there have not been any details given about system requirements. Larian did say that they expect for local coop that one person would be playing on a laptop (most households not having 2 recent gaming computers) so would target the game requirements accordingly.
The alpha is suppose to start this month, so even if it is not as optimized as the final game will be, it should give a good idea of the requirements.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Anybody knows How many time D:OS in development ?At least approximately?

Last edited by James 540; 04/11/13 10:36 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Support
Support

A little more than 3 years, at least. In the Sept 2010 topic A quick status update (when various versions and localizations of DKS were being finalized), Lar said "...there's still our next projects to take care of too, as more and more team members are ready with their jobs on our current productions. Up to now we've been fooling around with ideas and concepts, but pretty soon decisions will need to be taken about how these will materialize".

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks Raze!

Oh I almost forgot -When Alpha will be available?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

M
stranger
stranger
M
A few questions about the editor:

How would you host multiplayer servers online? Because from what I remember in the Neverwinter Nights games, there's an option to host the server as a player, as well as through a Dungeon Master program. Maybe there might be a program to host the server so that you won't have to be there?

Will you be able to color objects? (This includes furniture, crates, etc.)

I'm assuming you're also able to color the different parts of buildings, too. Is this correct?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think you`ll be able re-color objects, Larian has mentioned that editor will be very powerful tool

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
*cough* Hello I have another couple of questions -
1)In Divinity Series there are lot of demons,but what about angels?
There is no explanation about them even about existing at all-exception Goddess from DD intro movie -she is like angel at least she remind an angel
I think the angels will match very well for this universe it`s DIVINITY after all what do you think guys?

2)How do you think how many updates will be take place?

3)Why so serious?))

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
My guess about the updates is the following:

The next update will announce alpha which will probably be in about 10 days to 2 weeks. Then we will hopefully get a Christmas update at the end of December. The third update from now on will announce beta at the end of January. And the last update will be about game release sometime in March.^^

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Answer for Larian question on Facebbok I believe Orc is thinking-"When the update will come with awesome "Update song"? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...34652943&type=1&relevant_count=1

Last edited by James 540; 12/11/13 01:09 PM.

veteran
veteran
1) Who knows. I think part of the Divine Divinity backstory though is that the Seven Good Gods opposed the dark god, the Lord of Chaos because he created an intelligent race of beings - demons - to be his slaves.

Yes, here it is, Zixzax the Almost-Wise said it in the Council of Seven chambers in Divine Divinity:

Zizzax: Ziggurunt meggrax! Shut up and listen! One of the Gods, called himself Lord of Chaos. He broke the rules and made intelligent creatures to be his slaves. He called them demons, and that succubus you killed is being an excellent example. Zix zzix!

Divine One: So demons were the first intelligent race?

Zizzax: Soodix. Yes, indeed. They the oldest and be hating the newcomers as they call all the rest like you and me. Other Gods got angry at Lord of Chaos and tried to kill the demons. But that not work so Gods made their own intelligent races to fight by them - elves, humans, orcs, imps, dwarves, trolls, lizards... all of us who not demons, in fact. Understand?

So the Seven Gods answer to demons were the races of Rivellon, not angels. But who knows, continuity in the Divinity universe is a bit shaky.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by James 540

I guess Dragon Knights somewhat an equivalent? Judging by the nature of Dragons.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hmm yeah it`s good comparison-but they were being guided by Maxos- Maxos himself wasn`t have good and evil alighment ,Berilin was talking about his(MAxos) NEUTRALITY for Wizard Wars I think because he was man of big wisdom(it seems so during Divinity 2 events at least)

Dragon Knights his apprentices and I think they are suppossed\tought to be wisdom as far as possible

But angels they are also the deity of good...don`t know

Maybe if Larian want we`ll see angels or someone like that

veteran
veteran
Hmm yeah it`s good comparison-but they were being guided by Maxos

Not exactly, they were guided by Dragons who shared their wisdom with people and Maxos. The latter was just some kind of man-in-the-middle.

enthusiast
enthusiast

There is no explanation about them even about existing at all-exception Goddess from DD intro movie -she is like angel at least she remind an angel
I think the angels will match very well for this universe it`s DIVINITY after all what do you think guys?

Angels are a typical christian thing as far as I know (at least I can't think of another religion having anything resembling them, as such, right now) while demons are pretty much a universal thing. Staying away from recognizable real world religious references seems like a very good idea to me (and is muchly appreciated by yours truly).

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It`s interesting to see someone`s opinion-
I offered angels because it`s Divinity Series-even angels are too Christian thing I can`t imagine any Divine creatures\characters at least now like angels....And I have to say appearance of angels depends on artist/designers point of view and imagination...

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Well, according to Wikipedia angels are a typical thing not only in christian religion but "in Zoroastrianism and Abrahamic religions" which also includes judaism and islam. However, I agree that angels have a very religious connotation and might be a little bit out of place in Rivellon...

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard