Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
So, seeing as I have until may 10th I was thinking of going for the design a henchman pledge. however, I am not too sure. I am hoping a Dev can answer this, but what exactly does this entail?

Perhaps someone else has heard mention of this and can help, but Basically I was just wondering if that means stuff like designing them with unique armour/weapon, or if it is just their face/hair/combat role.

I am posting this on the forum because the contact us button isn't working.

veteran
veteran
I can answer this, quoting Jan. from the Kickstarter comments from Update 29 or 30

Originally Posted by Jan - Writer@LarianStudios

Okay, let's clear up some confusion!

If you pledge to back a henchman you will get to design a character and yes, he or she will have a unique background and dialogue. The difference between them and companions is simply that the story line of companions will be very deep and diverse - like Dragon Commander. There will be a limited number of them because they require very very much work. We can't possible do that for every henchman.

But that is where the difference ends. You'll make the guy or girl you like; design their look; their abilities; their build; their background; what they have to say. They will feel like individuals, not puppets, it's just that they won't have separate quests.

Have another look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch…

Between minutes 3.04 and 3.34 you can see Axel customising a character. This is an example of how you'll be able to create a look for your hench(wo)man.

I hope this answer helps to undo the confusion!

journeyman
journeyman
I think we'll get a spec sheet and sort of alpha built to export our henchman look setting.( We'll all have alpha access anyway.) And fill a form for possible description for talent and trait for stats allocation and AI behavior.

Link Copied to Clipboard