Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Baalka Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello,

I enjoy much the game though I think the campaign and custom campaigns are a bit too easy. Given the FFA-style, it's easy to trick the AI into fighting each other and simply collect what's left of them. I've never took more than 25turn to finish the custom campaign, even on the biggest maps. Then, I'd really appreciate, in order to make the strategic part more difficult, to have the option to select each AI's team and league them against us. I know it's possible in multiplayer mode, but the idea behind this is also to have more times to discover more dialogues, without a boring game 'coz we make it last on purpose.

Okay, I know it doesn't fit well the campaign background, but honestly, it's vastly secondary in custom mode. I know it'll also render the RTS part much harder, but well, it's a decision we can make.

Thanks for considering it, even if it's rejected.

Support
Support

Larian actually considered this, but ultimately decided it didn't really fit (even though the story is much less important in the custom campaign).

veteran
veteran
You can start a Skirmish mode campaign in single-player to make custom teams, although that will lose all the story and Raven bits.

Baalka Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks the both of you for the answers!

When seeking challenge, I prefer multiplayer than solo (I then usually loose -I suck at the RTS parts, like at all RTS's), which I keep for exploring the couple story arcs I didn't discover yet and would like to, though the strategic part tends to somewhat bore me as it is smirk I did a couple skrimishes vs 3 AIs and it becomes much more interesting.

Well, I guess I'll stick to the Dragon on Earth map then, it may be quite long by itself, though I don't really like this map (tends to be boring because you are over-powerful after a couple turns, imo). Maybe I'll do it giving me a handicap, like waiting 3 or 5 turns before starting expanding? Hm. I'll think on it!

Good to know Larian already considered it. While it saddens me a bit, I understand why they prefered it the way it is -and well, it's their game after all!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard