Next Thread
Print Thread
#475654 06/12/13 06:28 PM
Baalka Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hello,

I have in mind that a possible console version of the game was announced as 'maybe later' some time before the pc release. I can't find any recent reference to it, though. Am I mistaken (maybe I remembered it related to DC while it was to OS?)? If I'm not, is it still a possibility? Maybe later, because the devs have so much work for the OS alha & beta (a great and huge thank concerning your opening of them to all the backers btw, I'm really not into that 'pay to test our game' thing and it's great to see you changed your mind about it)?

Thanks to anyone who could have answer(s) to these questions. While I'm a pc gamer (I must confess I have no idea how we would be supposed to play a RTS on a console), I know some who would rather play it on console. By the way, is cross-support multiplayer conceivable?

Sorry if there are already threads concerning this, couldn't find any.

Last edited by Baalka; 06/12/13 06:30 PM.
Baalka #475655 06/12/13 06:45 PM
addict
addict
The simple answer is that strategy like DC cannot be played on a console.

How do you work in the hotkeys for instance? There's no way to work them in without forming long awkward combinations of button presses. That simply doesn't work.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
EinTroll #475656 06/12/13 07:31 PM
Baalka Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I thought so, but I've been told there are good RTS games on consoles, given exemples such as Warcraft, Red Alert, Halo Wars... As I've never played with a console, and though I don't see enough buttons on the controler, I simply remained neutral and went and asked.

Playing dragon must be cool enough though, and the options to select nearby units and direct them really intuitive and straightforward.

Baalka #475658 06/12/13 09:07 PM
addict
addict
Good RTSs ported to consoles or RTSs on consoles that play good?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
EinTroll #475659 06/12/13 09:59 PM
Baalka Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
That play good, I'd say, wouldn't have made much of a point either. I didn't play any myself though.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard