Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#475765 10/12/13 03:10 PM
warg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,
I just noticed, that some design rewards are now active for editing.

As a beginning two questions:

Regarding henchman I wanted to add a witch/cleric, but as much as I understand, magic won't be so popular in D:OS. I didn't want to explore too much about the game so that I can avoid spoiler. wink
Do you think a healer would have sense, or healing will work only with potions?
Or practically the character has to be something more combat-oriented?

Regarding the dialogue is it possible to write multi-choice, or only a simple one?

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
Support
Support

There has been healing magic in every other Divinity game, and 'healer' is one of the build types mention in the Design a Henchmen tier reward on the Kickstarter page (along with priest, ranger and rogue).

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm hoping Larian will give us a bit more to go on for all the design stuff when they do the reach out email (that they mentioned in the last? update). I'd imagine they would do some sort of howtoguide as I think people will probably have a few questions. The descriptions in the vault are pretty brief.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
R
stranger
stranger
R
I agree some guidance on what is currently in the game would be nice. The summon a creature one says "Please choose a name for a summoned creature and specify what type of creature can use this name. You can also write a backstory for the creature."

Without knowing what summons are avaliable that makes this difficult. I know water and earth from the video are there any others?

warg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Raze!

Now I thought it would be cool to give some hints for the designers about the henchman appearance and portrait, so that they could be even more unique. wink

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
Support
Support

I would assume that will come when the alpha is released, or shortly after. It would presumably be easier to let people play around with the different skills, hire henchmen, talk to animals, etc, first, and then explain what is needed for the various tier rewards.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Bumping this in the hope the devs will read it and give us some more info. There have been many threads along these lines, asking for guidance to help us submit our design stuff. The Larian vault descriptions are pretty barebones and question-raising, so I’m hoping for a simple how-to guide in an update eventually.

Answering questions such as:

Message in a Bottle
Is the name on the bottle meant to be the author of the note, the recipient of the note, or the name of the item itself (mouse-over text & inventory description)?

Name a Pet
What are the limits of what we can make as a pet? Does the pet live at the shelterplane homestead or is it placed in the gameworld? Can we suggest where the pet lives? Will the pet recognize us in any way?

Write Dialogue
How complex can the dialogue be? Is it multi-choice or linear? Could you provide an example template?

Name the Undead
What are some examples of appropriate undead names (so we don’t suggest anything too lore unfriendly)?

Design a Summons
What types of summons are in the game/available (eg earth, water, fire, air, electricity...?)

Design a Henchman
Can we submit a link to a picture for how we want the henchman to look? Will the backstories be in the game at all (if so how?) or are they just to help conceptualise the design?

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig

Link Copied to Clipboard