Next Thread
Print Thread
#477485 28/12/13 04:22 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Is this supposed to be happening cause i find it weird and silly .
And also a really bad idea if that's what its suppose to do ... Something so big that can be used so many times in the real world just poofs away in the game when used once .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQMOomHrCk

Last edited by Dantalia; 28/12/13 04:22 PM.
addict
addict
Happened to me, too. I think thats a bug.

N
addict
addict
N
Yep, the crafting recipe seems to incorrectly "consume" the whetstone like any other item. The only things not eaten by the crafting process atm are: cup, knife/dagger, anvil and oven.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Considering the whetstone buffs your weapon stats, it's not really surprising it's a consumable.
Limiting it to one use per weapon would be a bad solution because then everyone would use it on each and everyone one of their weapons, turning the whetstone into an annoying and compulsory timesink.
I suppose modifying its appearance for one of a pocket-sized whetstone would be the best "fix".

N
addict
addict
N
I'd say changing the whetstone to have a fixed number of uses before disappearing would be a better idea (or maybe make it so that the # of uses depends on your crafting skill?)
Since it only adds a fixed +1 damage per weapon it isn't really OP either way.

addict
addict
Are weapons buffs from whetstone time limited ?

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
N
addict
addict
N
Nope, they are permanent.

addict
addict
are you aware of time limited buffs on objects ? If there are none, this could be a big modding flaw :-(

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
A
addict
addict
A
I think it would be better if whetstone's effects were temporary. That waould be logical because the blade goes dull over time. Maybe make the effects dissapear after a number of battles or monsters killled?
But who knows what devs inteded to do with it. But a giant thing like that to just dissapear? I think it's a bug. And if not, then they should have made small usable whetstone item instead, like in the Witcher games.

Last edited by Aramintai; 29/12/13 06:00 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Aramintai
I think it would be better if whetstone's effects were temporary. That waould be logical because the blade goes dull over time. Maybe make the effects dissapear after a number of battles or monsters killled?

Yep time limited modifiers make sense as sharpening only works for so long.
It'd be even better if it was a use count limit instead of time as its more realistic.

Originally Posted by Cromcrom
are you aware of time limited buffs on objects ? If there are none, this could be a big modding flaw :-(

AFAIK it is not possible to add time limited modifiers to items, though it may be simulated with item scripts somehow.

Link Copied to Clipboard