Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#478611 18/01/14 10:01 PM
Sydius Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
PLEASE, DISREGARD THIS TOPIC, AS Stabbey and Robrecth POINTED OUT, WE ALREADY HAVE THEM. THANKS FOR READING, AND SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE.

Dear developers!

First, let me thank you for the game. It's still in alpha, it's still buggy as hell but I can already see the game will be great once you finish it. It was the second game I backed on Kickstarter, and I have no regrets, and I'm sure I won't have any. Keep up the good work. Once the game is released, I think there is a chance for it to became a classic, just like any D&D CRPG.

Now, the problem: we need patch notes. Please, release them with each new version of the game. We want to help you with searching for bugs, explore things that crash the game, faults that cause corrupted saves... Everything.

I know you already checked it (and constantly monitor it, I'm sure), but in the bug report topic for the current release some guys are very actively posting every minor and major bugs they find.

And they need patch notes. We could use it to try out the new features as soon as they are available for us, without the need for searching for them. Patch notes can help the discussions about the game among testers, and can let us see the progress of the development, which is why a significant amount of us playes the alpha.

We want to help you, and while finding bugs is not as important (naturally) as writing code to patch them out, browsing the notes makes it easier, and it results in more reported bugs.

Please, let us help you, and help us do it efficiently.

Thank you,both for the game and your help.

Last edited by Sydius; 18/01/14 10:28 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I agree if it can be done without disrupting things too much. If it's data on what has been fixed or implemented I'm sure you can get a forum member to clean it up and present it to the community in a properly formatted manner to help reduce it's toll on you guys, just a suggestion.

veteran
veteran
Right here on page 2.

I think that just trying to keep all the bugs into one Bug Reports for version XXX is helpful.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=478389#Post478389

Maybe the patch notes should be added to a single sticky thread. I also think that this can help in getting more focused feedback. smile

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
Sydius Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Damn, I made an idiot out of myself. Next time I have to be more careful what I say... Looks like my perception score was too low.

Move on guys, nothing to see here, just a guy who can't see the tree in the desert :S

L
stranger
stranger
L
To be honest, I'd kill for a proper bug tracking system, although it wouldn't be usable by most people and would need moderators to police it, merge tickets, split tickets, etc wink

Edit: removed thoughts made moot due to patch notes totally being a thing already :P

Last edited by linamishima; 18/01/14 10:14 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard