Next Thread
Print Thread
#478697 19/01/14 04:59 AM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
So far, I'm having fun, despite the first save crashing when I tried to reload it!

So, here is some feedback - no particular order:

Movement - need a run option! Also, if you move the mouse too far so it's off the screen, it's just weird!

Map - Again, moving the mouse too much here moves the character, which shouldn't happen when viewing the map at all!

Vendor - I "sold" a bunch of stuff to a potions vendor and never got any money:( Basically, I'm screwed and will need to start again!

Screen drawing - I like how as you move around objects are faded/removed to allow you to see, but it needs to be done for everything. For example, sails on boats don't do it so you can't see through them!

Inventory - It is not obvious if (you can...)or how to swam stuff from one character to the other.

I've loved the graphics and play seams pretty smooth so far, so that's been great. I have seen a few "ripples" on screen-draw, but I'm assuming that's just down to alpha code!

Keep up the great work,

Andy.

stranger
stranger
Those "ripples" are screen tearing, and I almost couldn't play for it until I turned on V-Sync in the video options (seriously, I felt like I was playing the game underwater). Hopefully that gets fixed before launch.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
L
stranger
stranger
L
I appear to have issues with screen tear despite vsync enabled. Will perform some more tests before reporting this properly, but I suspect that there's some issue with interplay with nvidia device settings

U
stranger
stranger
U
When selling stuff you have to remember to push the button on top so that the vendor puts the money on their side of the trade menu, or else you're just giving them freebies. Got me a couple times too.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Regarding the transparency around player character...

Bug: Inconsistent transparency around player characters
Version: 1.0.87.0
Category: Graphics
Impact: Low - unable to see characters / world detail
Steps to recreate:
1. Walk under rock arches on beach
2. Walk behind hill / big piles of rocks
3. Walk on bridge into Cyseal harbour close to bridge walls
4. Walk behind trees
5. Walk near bushes and other objects
Observations:
1. Transparency correctly hides rock arch
2. Hill rocks remain visible, obscuring view of characters
3. Surface detail on bridge walls is selectively transparent when no impact to visibility of player characters
4. Tree remains visible in full, despite player character being obscured (this may be a stylistic design choice)
5. the transparency effect can appear to be a graphical glitch due to no feathering on effect, items appear to have odd holes (especially if you don't realise it is player character transparency effect)
Mitigations:
A. Improve transparency around players solution
B. Improve marking of meshes to ensure selective transparency works as expected
C. Optional player controls around this effect
D. Add feathering to edge of effect / other visual effects

Support
Support

If I walk behind trees they fade out (leaves almost completely and trunks enough to easily see through), though at least one place could be obscured by a branch of a large tree.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W

That could be it! Seams like it should be "automatic" or at least obvious that's what is required!

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W

Oh, and how could I forget the BIGGEST problem I had!

Ergonomics - if you look in every barrel, etc., then you are moving the mouse a LOT just to go from each barrel to the window to close it. There needs to be a key that can be used to perform the accept/close task to reduce mouse movement.

Andy.

Link Copied to Clipboard