Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
This guy is great. (If you don't have an hour, I'd just use the timeline to pick a couple ideas to watch that are most appealing to you.)

Back from timeout.
addict
addict
Coulby's D&D 5E build videos are great. And so much listenable. I have no doubt he'll make ultra efficient BG3 builds.

I was concerned, when seeing the video title and the fact that he specifically shows some multi-class builds, given we still don't know precisely how multi-classing will work in BG3. We may know roughly, but for an optimiser like Coulby, knowing precisely is what's needed. One thing in particular that we don't know, is how spell casting will work for multi-classed casters.

Well, at least he gave a warning before diving in.

I haven't reached the Cleric/Bard support character yet, so I'll see what he says. I suppose he won't his usual damage reports, and just outline the build idea, rather than evaluate the effectiveness.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I understand wanting to build a good combination, but he is actively advocating using 'respec' as part of his leveling strategy. In my opinion at least, respec is there to deal with F'ups in your build, not as a cheap trick to avoid and decrease in damage output as you level in a MC build. I find that sad - and that this seems to be viewed as laudable too. I stopped watching after the first section - but I assume that he continues in a similar vein for the other builds he suggests.

Last edited by booboo; 02/08/23 12:01 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by booboo
I understand wanting to build a good combination, but he is actively advocating using 'respec' as part of his leveling strategy. In my opinion at least, respec is there to deal with F'ups in your build, not as a cheap trick to avoid and decrease in damage output as you level in a MC build. I find that sad - and that this seems to be viewed as laudable too. I stopped watching after the first section - but I assume that he continues in a similar vein for the other builds he suggests.

There are a couple respec suggestions. I personally won't be using his builds, because he is the ultimate min-maxer to the point where it isn't as fun for me, but I thought others might find it helpful or at least spark some ideas of their own.

Back from timeout.
old hand
old hand
I'll guess that respecing is exploited to some extent anyway. If ppl don't want to change the difficulty because of possibly more XP or better loot drops (if that's a thing) then they just respec their whole party before they face boss encounter X.

Link Copied to Clipboard