Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
warg Offline OP
OP Offline
I'd like to know if they plan to add videos to the game, even if so smaller ones like in DD, or they skip them like in BD? This is still alpha so I hope they will add some nice videos in the final game which refer to the chosen and actual appearance of the characters (like Dragon Age Origins, or so).
They asked us earlier if we would like to have voice acting, did they say something official about this?
Do they plan to share more wallpapers soon? It would be nice to have more than one, I love the concept art!

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
I don't recall them asking us if we wanted voice acting. On his blog, Swen did pose that question about Dragon Commander, but in this game, they've been clear from the start that any voice acting will be restricted to only a few important characters.

I think there will at least be some simple cinematics closer to the ones in Dragon Commander. Maybe not the fancy ones from Divinity 2, which while awesome-looking, were probably somewhat expensive. In-game it could be hard to put them in because of the co-op. In theory, your partner could be halfway across the map in combat with a flesh-eating beetles at the time.

addict
addict
hmmmmmmmm I hope that there will be at least one good (understand high resolution, good looking) one to introduce the game, it sounds stupid but it always work when you advertise your game with an awesome introduction video ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
warg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmm, I don't know I remember something about voice acting, now I cannot find it... whatever.
Now I read the new blog entry from Swen regarding educating player. I also noticed that I will have to reset my habits a bit, to be able to find all the fun in the game.
I think a good intro could help with this maybe better than lots of tutorials. I can imagine someone talking about possibilities which can help during the investigation of the murder in a cinematic intro video, explaining key features, or simply do something himself which inspires the player to try it too...

Last edited by Endre; 13/03/14 09:13 AM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
Cinematics are very expensive, and explaining mechanics in a cinematic is probably a very bad idea, because gamers are used to cinematics that have characters do things which are impossible to do in the actual game. Gamers learn best by doing things themselves, not watching cinematics.

There will be some kind of introduction movie, though.

Educating players
Originally Posted by "Lar”
We played with the idea of a "Source Hunter's Academy" for a long time but it's going to be something better suited to the main storyline. At least, we'll try it. Also, do take into account that an intro is planned before the thing that happens on the beach.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Granted I would enjoy to see some nice eye candy cinematics added. I would rather they take their time and resources to making the content higher quality and more enjoyable.

Link Copied to Clipboard