Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by El Zoido
Not a bug, but probably worth mentioning:

I gained two levels before ever setting foot into Cyseal, seems a bit much to me.
This is certainly a bug. I reached Cyseal, did the ship quest, Bertia's quest, killed 2 groups of underground skeletons and did part of Jake's murder quest and i'm still lvl 2. Plus I had the quickwitted trait from start. It takes 8k exp to reach level 3.

Did you kill the legionnaires helping you with the orcs? This might help to fill up some exp towards lvl 3, but you really shouldn't be able to reach lvl 3 before reaching Cyseal. Maybe kill Ahru? Not sure how much exp he gives.

The starting gear does seem a bit pointless. Everything you find right away will be better.
Why would the source hunters be equiped so poorly? At least make starting gear on par with the stuff you wil regularly find on your way towards and in Cyseal.
I feel the other way around, it's just a kind of being rewarded for your first battles. I still feel the equipment you find early on is a bit too strong. I found a 18-31 basterd sword early in a chest, it's real OP versus those early skeletons. It's also possible to find early 29-47 2H, Madora start with this sword. The problem for me is not necessarily finding those weapons early on, but being able to use them early on. I kinda like the old level requirement and old stats better. They prevented you to use OP spells by giving less ability points, but they still give access to very strong gear early.

Last edited by xardas22; 09/03/14 12:33 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Bug: The "Downed" status (at least on enemies) always displays it will last for two turns, even if you wait on all your turns and do nothing.

Is it a bug that Rogues attack two times although they only carry one single dagger?

I asked about this earlier, and was told no. The total damage is divided over both hits of the attack. This can be both an advantage (if you backstab, you get two crits) and a disadvantage (one of your hits can miss).

Not a bug, but probably worth mentioning:

I gained two levels before ever setting foot into Cyseal, seems a bit much to me.
The starting gear does seem a bit pointless. Everything you find right away will be better.
Why would the source hunters be equiped so poorly? At least make starting gear on par with the stuff you wil regularly find on your way towards and in Cyseal.

In videogames, generally you don't start out with top-of-the-line stuff which outclasses most of the equipment you can find early on.

No it's not perfectly realistic, but it's probably more fun than going "wow, everything I've found in the last hour is worse than my starting gear".

If you want story explanations, perhaps they had to leave behind some stuff when the were dumped on the beach - maybe their ship was attacked by the Orcs?

It could be that the Source Hunter Academy didn't think the situation was that serious - and if it was, the city already had an army occupying it to lend assistance if needed.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by xardas22
This is certainly a bug. I reached Cyseal, did the ship quest, Bertia's quest, killed 2 groups of underground skeletons and did part of Jake's murder quest and i'm still lvl 2. Plus I had the quickwitted trait from start. It takes 8k exp to reach level 3.

No, I did the usual things on the beach:
Kill the crabs, rescue the shell and then kill the orcs.
It might be caused by that bug Stabbey reported, where just talking to the shell gives you >4000XP (although I didn't notice that one) or by my chars gaining XP also for all the orcs that got slain by the guards.

Originally Posted by Stabbey

I asked about this earlier, and was told no. The total damage is divided over both hits of the attack. This can be both an advantage (if you backstab, you get two crits) and a disadvantage (one of your hits can miss).

Hm, Rogue-Scarlett is still pretty strong in comparison to Warrior-Roderick, but maybe it evens itself out with higher levels and better gear.

In videogames, generally you don't start out with top-of-the-line stuff which outclasses most of the equipment you can find early on.

Oh, I'm aware of that, it's just the plausibility that's somewhat missing there.
I'm not requesting high-level uber-gear, just something a little bit closer to non-magical standard stuff you can find and buy in Cyseal

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Description bug: The "Bleeding" description (at least for the Wolf Horrors attack) says it does 11-15 FIRE damage a turn.

Hm, Rogue-Scarlett is still pretty strong in comparison to Warrior-Roderick, but maybe it evens itself out with higher levels and better gear.

Maybe I'm doing it in a non-optimal way, but the rogues I build tend to be a lot more fragile, which is tricky since they need to be moved behind the enemies to be effective. Frontal attacks with daggers are a lot less damaging.

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's not new, but there are still a lot of cases where the view distance is too short for characters. For example, for the combat in the beach with the Orcs just before entering Cyseal, you don't see all of the Legionnaires fighting with you which leads to strange behavior when you see Orcs fighting the air.

Also something completely different: When you have a stance which cost nothing like the Power Stance for the Warrior for example, you see an effect on the character head, but if you look at the corresponding icon, you don't see that it's activated. At first I did not understand what was active when I saw the effect on the character head.

Last edited by mithrandir; 09/03/14 03:40 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- There’s a zombie in poison outside Cyseal, and he constantly spams the combat log with “Zombie: Poison failed”

- In Thelyron’s clinic. I see constant “Not enough space” messages over the NPC’s who are sick, because they’re standing inside the beds, not lying on top of them.

- After telling Bertia about her stolen sheep, I headed for the barracks myself. As I passed by the mess hall, I saw her running the other way back towards the market, telling Aureus “Oy, Mister head honcho Legionairre…” When I arrived in Aureus’s office, he replied to her as if she was there.

- There’s an unlabelled cabinet in Esmerelda’s basement, and one in Evelyn’s house, and one in the brand new Smithy basement. I think this may be a general problem with cabinets.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Since I haven't attacked a bystander before, I thought I'd quick save and try it out on Aureus due to his attitude problems, and also to see what happens when a quest character is killed (or to see IF I could even touch him), I used ctrl + click on him twice before going into battle mode, Aureus simply stands still for the whole fight, doesn't attack me or anything and I get a "force turn end" (or something along that line) before allowing me to attack again.

Support
Support

I tried stealing in an earlier build to provoke Aureus, and he did the same thing, though called some guards in to help. Try Arhu (that you'll need the quicksave for) or a different NPC.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I like the trajectories for the spells and such, but sometimes they don't work quite so well - a few times I've used Flare and the trajectory lines seem to go through two enemies at once - they are outlined in red, but when I fire the spell, it misses and impacts on the ground behind them instead of hitting like the trajectory and red outline implied they would.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- The first time I encountered the cultists in their lair, the dialogue triggered and then the fight started. But after reloading to be for entereing the lair, this time, they just started fighting on sight, no dialogue trigger – not even when climbing the steps.

- The AI still hasn’t learned when their arrows can’t see the target.

- The Source Hunters dialogue after the first cultist fight implies that E. is already dead “what could HAVE been worth giving up her life for”, so either that should be moved until after she is killed, or it should be tweaked.

- I entered E.’s room and the dialogue triggered, but after that was over the fight didn’t’ start until I crossed the threshold.

- Partway through the fight (after summoning an Ice Elemental resurrecting both Roderick and Scarlett) , whenever it was Roderick or Scarlett’s turn, the cultist’s circles under their feet changed from red to green (indicating ally), and they now had “attitude: -5”. You couldn’t attack them normally, you had to force-attack them with ctrl+click. The zombies and E. were still considered hostile.

EDIT: It's definitely because of the resurrection. I tried the fight again, and this time Roderick died. After reviving him, he saw the black cultists as allies.

Last edited by Stabbey; 10/03/14 04:54 PM. Reason: resurrection
G
stranger
stranger
G
I don't know if it is bug, but Harbor Warehouse has a hole in the roof (over the guarded room)

T
stranger
stranger
T
1. Camera. After the transition to a lower height of the camera location is stagnant.
[Linked Image]

2. Mayor hung on the second floor. First he went down back, but then he stopped =) can not talk to him.
[Linked Image]

3. On uneven terrain arrows fly through the earth, that is, do not fly =) as seen they always hit the ground.
[Linked Image]

4. Keys. Many troubles with it:
- key to living area turned into a key when i get it.
[Linked Image]
- Do not open, abandoned house, the door in the Necromancers cave. Available 7 keys.
- the door can be opened only one character who have key in inventory. This is by design?

5. No armor sprite.
[Linked Image]

6. Why not puddles disappear? absolutely. I constantly stumble and sick.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

7. If you select the target skill (healing) and then change the char skill does not work.

8. Sometimes knockback does not work while the chances of successfully working.

9. As always problems with pathfinding. It is also very often the characters behind the group and left alone.

10. Please don't use so random generator =)
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tristis Oris; 10/03/14 10:03 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
How does identify work?
I found an item that required lvl 1 in identify, got the skill on level up, the requirement went green, but i stil couldn't identify the item.

Annoying bug in multiplayer:

I can't read the answers of the other player when he's in dialogue with NPCs and vice versa.
Basically I only see the answer of the NPC floating, but not of the other player, making it almost impossible to determine what's going on.

T
stranger
stranger
T
you need a identifying glass.

Support
Support

- key to living area turned into a key when i get it.

I didn't have any problem getting into the mayor's living area using the key.

7. If you select the target skill (healing) and then change the char skill does not work.

You need to right click to cancel the healing spell first, then select a different skill.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

You need to right click to cancel the healing spell first, then select a different skill.

I mean if you start cast and changing a character, cast will be canceled. The game has no line of action, it refers of two groups movements in real-time and spells.

J
stranger
stranger
J
hi

i have same crash when i try to exit cellar , if i switch charracter in cellar and go out immediatly i have no problem .
But if i walk around and pick up items it crashes when i try to exit.

when i go in cellar with male char alone i get no crash and i can pick up items.

this crash happens also when i follow old elf back to inn. if i want to go back down it crashes.

crash does not happen when i go to captains house , barracks , graveyard hole( cpl of ladders and stairs )

game looks great , love battle system , toxic / explosive barrels

wanna add 2 more bugs they both crates i could not open or get close to when i could in previous version
* crate where orcs land at start ( it's the one between 2 wreks)
* and a crate or basket opposite to the fishseller (habor)

it does make the action appear briefly but then disappears

also an small info bar or a turorial involving skills like what u need to have item wise to craft or identify.

unsure what skill is needed to lockpick a door or chest keep getting message lockpick skill to low.

Great Game , keep it up....

"these are not the drones u are lookin for"
Support
Support

You need a lockpick and points in the Lockpick ability to pick non-magical locks. There is still a Lockpick spell book in the game currently, but it will be removed.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The game crashed in co-op as we were taking the waypoint portal from the homestead to the Cyseal shelter waypoint.

We tried again, and this time the guest player crashed when a fight started (against the demons).

Last edited by Stabbey; 11/03/14 03:50 PM. Reason: second crash
G
stranger
stranger
G
Bug:
sometimes, when I try to interact with doors (open them with lockpicks) my character either tries to approach them from the other side or is walking away a long distance than walks towards the doors.

I am sure this happened in the cave behind the orc camp with the doors most to the north, but I am not having this savegame anymore.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard