Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Even if I thought was OK to add markers for locations you had already visited before, there are now markers on the Map for locations even before you visit them (for example, you have the marker for the Arhu place right after you encounter him the first time). Is there a way to remove them before you came there at least? I really prefer to find the locations by myself.

Last edited by mithrandir; 09/03/14 01:07 AM.
Agreed. I'd rather be able to toggle those back off. I understand that some people like that sort of thing, but I'd rather not see quest markers and map markers unless I make the notes somewhere myself. I didn't see an option for it but I also wasn't actively looking at the time, so it might've escaped me.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by YoungFreshNewbie
I didn't see an option for it but I also wasn't actively looking at the time, so it might've escaped me.

It seems that there is for the moment no option for that in the Game menu.

addict
addict
If you are such hardcore players, why do you use the map anyways ?

I begged for those markers. Those markers appear, if I recall well, when you talk to ahrus, after he tells you to go see him and the captain. So the markers help you follow his indications for the average player.
I would have marked all main "common knowledge" places in the city (gates, market, legion camp, inn, fair, cemetary and so on, all the places everybody should know about in the city), to save the dialogue options of asking the citizens, if it had been me...

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
stranger
stranger
I tend to prefer markers to not having them. In some games it's ridiculous ("Find the hidden treasure! I'll just mark it on your map...) but having well-know places marked for you makes sense. I'd just assume that the source hunters got a map of the city at some point.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
addict
addict
In some games it's ridiculous ("Find the hidden treasure! I'll just mark it on your map...) but having well-know places marked for you makes sense.

+1

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Hence my request only for a toggle back, since they had it such that it worked the way I would like before. I don't like having things marked before I find them, which is my biggest grievance and why I would like to have to put my own notes on the map or not have any at all.

And yeah, I'm "so hardcore". Look at my internet old school RPG e-peen guys. It's totally not that I just have old school RPG experience or something, and that I might have a preference based on it!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by YoungFreshNewbie
Hence my request only for a toggle back, since they had it such that it worked the way I would like before. I don't like having things marked before I find them, which is my biggest grievance and why I would like to have to put my own notes on the map or not have any at all.

And yeah, I'm "so hardcore". Look at my internet old school RPG e-peen guys. It's totally not that I just have old school RPG experience or something, and that I might have a preference based on it!

The problem is that every toggle is another thing that needs to be bug-tested with every patch. Another setting that needs to be checked, configured, and supported. I don't know how much of a burden this particular toggle would have, but it's worth keeping in mind that doing things one way or the other is significantly less than half the work than using a toggle, which is something people tend to not consider when asking for them.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
True enough. I'm also quite aware that this is the case, but since they did have it the other way before, I suspected it would be far less of a problem in this sense.

Link Copied to Clipboard