Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
apprentice
apprentice
The code finally worked but the only noticeable effect is that is says "Kickstarter edition" in the menu, no items in the game...

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Can anyone confirm 100% that you can use the kickstarter code more than one time?. I don't want it tied to my steam profile. I want it tied to my GOG version. If it can be used multiple times then all is well.

Last edited by Archmage_R; 30/06/14 09:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Alrond
The code finally worked but the only noticeable effect is that is says "Kickstarter edition" in the menu, no items in the game...

Here also confused

Que la magie continue...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, I am equally confused... it worked in the beta, why doesn't it work now? Or is it an in-game thing that doesn't trigger at the start?

Some info would be.. uhm.. kinda important here ;P

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
The only item I have in-game is my pet. (High tier kickstarter reward) However everytime i talk to it the game crashes haha.

[
stranger
stranger
[
"Yesterday at 02:53 PM....In a couple of hours it should recognise the backer ID of everybody"

I still haven't receive a code from buying Early Access via Steam, although my brother who did the same after me has received a code. When will the "couple hours" end, and how can I escalate if it still doesn't appear to be working?

Support
Support

The kickstarted backer codes unlock personal items in the game for various kickstarter rewards. A couple of the items are included in the digital CE on Steam, or the Source Hunter DLC (essential SEA to CE version upgrade, minus the extra games in the CE).

Did you brother get the CE, or the regular version + DLC?

4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

The kickstarted backer codes unlock personal items in the game for various kickstarter rewards. A couple of the items are included in the digital CE on Steam, or the Source Hunter DLC (essential SEA to CE version upgrade, minus the extra games in the CE).

how does "unlock" work? i did not get (or find) any items as of yet.

Last edited by 4verse; 01/07/14 05:04 AM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by 4verse
Originally Posted by Raze

how does "unlock" work? i did not get (or find) any items as of yet.

Well, I found a bottle on the starting beach with a message in it, but otherwise I do not see Zandalor's trunks anywhere...

4verse Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
ah, OK. this bottle i also found. but i am talking about the KS potion.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
apprentice
apprentice
One more here, my KS code was fully recognized yesterday when I started the game.

But I don't have the trunk and/or the potion in my pack...

I found the message in the bottle tough, with the thank you message from Larian as I don't have this in my couple tier.

Also, I read that the steam code should unlock the DLC to have this reward, but it's not the case for me.

stranger
stranger
No one answered my question in my topic, them I'm putting it here:

Hy guys,

I want to know if there are any other code if I have bought a Kickstarter Duo Pack. Now I'm seeing only one code in my Vault page, but I gave my other key for a friend of mine.

We are supposed to use the same code in our games when creating a profile? If so, there are any kind of Code/Serial relation check, any way to make the system confirm if the code is linked to a specific set of keys? Because if not it means that anyone that get his hands in one of these codes will have access to all rewards that are directed to backers only.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by blackdragonbird
No one answered my question in my topic, them I'm putting it here:

Hy guys,

I want to know if there are any other code if I have bought a Kickstarter Duo Pack. Now I'm seeing only one code in my Vault page, but I gave my other key for a friend of mine.

We are supposed to use the same code in our games when creating a profile? If so, there are any kind of Code/Serial relation check, any way to make the system confirm if the code is linked to a specific set of keys? Because if not it means that anyone that get his hands in one of these codes will have access to all rewards that are directed to backers only.

I see a reply to that from Raze somewhere, but as it's quite a lot of post, I wont search it anew. You must use the same code for the two copy.

as for the precision on licence check and other question, I don't know but I suppose there is as they had some problems with these code earlier.

addict
addict
It's a sad matter of "wait for it to be fixed". Unfortunately, it seems like Steam is the one that has to fix things here. So that generally adds to the waiting time.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
[
stranger
stranger
[
Hey Raze,

He only bought the regular "Divinity Original Sin" via early access yet when he created his game profile a code was automatically pasted into the kickstarter window.

I purchased the "Digital Collectors edition" during early access, but don't see the same behavior when I create a new game profile, nor can I find any reference to a code anywhere in Steam.

addict
addict
My kickstarter code was accepted, but I didn't get any of the items.

Oh well, gotta wait until it's fixed I guess. frown

[
stranger
stranger
[
Originally Posted by [ |2
euel]Hey Raze,

He only bought the regular "Divinity Original Sin" via early access yet when he created his game profile a code was automatically pasted into the kickstarter window.

I purchased the "Digital Collectors edition" during early access, but don't see the same behavior when I create a new game profile, nor can I find any reference to a code anywhere in Steam.

/facepalm Apologies, please ignore my whole sub thread. My brother mis-spoke when claiming he received a code...neither of us have one (which is probably correct, since we both purchased through Steam and not through Kickstarter).

Now that I'm not expecting anything to change, I'll be off to play the game! =)

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by dlux
My kickstarter code was accepted, but I didn't get any of the items.

Oh well, gotta wait until it's fixed I guess. frown

The game just updated for me, so I went to read the most recent news. Apparently at least the trunks are contained in a DLC, and due to some mistake we did not receive the DLC pack. I'll wait a little longer until I start playing (I have work to do anyway), but I guess it will all be fixed in the next couple of days.

Edit: I checked the game. I now have the trunks. No message in the bottle, no Kickstarter potion.

Last edited by Lastan; 02/07/14 08:23 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard