Print Thread
#504302 01/07/14 10:41 AM
D
Dameaus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
steam cloud support for our saves was supposed to have been added according to the kickstarter page... but it is definitely not an option at this point.

i find this really sad. i play on my desktop at home and on my laptop while on the go... i really need steam cloud support for a game like this....

K
stranger
stranger
K
same problem here, I played yesterday on my laptop and surprise! when I arrived home saves not only were not on my desktop, but they were also incompatible (I copy-pasted them by hand). quite frustrating...

old hand
old hand
This should be fixed now. May require Steam restart.

Tweeting @forktong
apprentice
apprentice
Does it works with cross platform ?

I have a windows desktop but a mac laptop, can I start a game on my desktop and play it later with my laptop ?

old hand
old hand
In theory savegames should be compatible, but I don't know how Cloud will handle it.

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
Looking forward to checking this when I get home. Thanks for the quick fix.

Edit: Working now.

Last edited by Pendulus; 02/07/14 03:39 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah I'm having the same problem. I have a gaming rig running windows at home, but I was also hoping to keep the saves sync'd on my Mac.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Unfortunately Steam cloud does not seem to work cross platform. I played the game on a mac and the files were definitely synched up into the Steam cloud. Now that I have fired up the game on a PC with the same steam account, there is no save files nada.
So Steam cloud PC-MAC does not work, what a pity.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Ok I got the sharing working without steam sync. I simply moved the Larian folder which is located in both windows and mac into my local dropbox folder and symlinked it both on windows (mklink /D as admin) and on osx (ln -s as local user) into their respective destinations. D:OS seems to pick up the symlinks correctly and pushes the saves into dropbox that way.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Steam cloud do work Mac<--->PC. We have tested it successfully. I can't comment how well it works, but it works wink

W
stranger
stranger
W
Mhh weird that it did not work for me. Either way I am happy with the dropbox solution as well.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Steam Cloud is awfully slow for me, or rather, the synching takes forever as the uploaded data seems to be quite large and my uplink bandwith is not exactly huge.
Guess I'll disable the feature for now, it's a bit annoying having to wait 5-10min for Steam to finish synching everytime I quit the game.

Last edited by El Zoido; 02/07/14 07:38 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
El Zoido, give dropbox solution a shot, it syncs at the time the files are written and only sends deltas, might be the better option for you.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Werner70, I've come to the conclusion that I don't need cloud saves anyway.
I'm not playing on different pcs for the time being (not until a Linux version is out), so that's fine.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Indeed I can confirm that current version does not work correctly with Mac<-->PC or PC<--->Mac cloud saves. I will see what we can do about it

W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks a lot.

apprentice
apprentice
Same here, thanks a lot and a bigger thanks when this is solved I swear

stranger
stranger
Looks like they disabled it again for now:

"It's was on but we switched it off again as the save games are currently too large and causing problems on the Cloud. We'll make them smaller and reactivate the Steam Cloud soon. In case anybody wonders, all save games (big ones and small ones) will remain compatible with future updates."

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505731#Post505748

Link Copied to Clipboard