Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jims709 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Every time I load up the editor I find I get this message occurring with no ability to go past it. I've had a look and the files it is referring to do not seem to exist on my computer. If anyone could help at all that would be great.

http://imgur.com/gUPnPB4

N
addict
addict
N
You didn't set the editor data path properly.
It should be: E:\Steam\...\Divinity - Original Sin\Data instead of E:\Steam\...\Divinity - Original Sin

T
T
Originally Posted by Norbyte
You didn't set the editor data path properly.
It should be: E:\Steam\...\Divinity - Original Sin\Data instead of E:\Steam\...\Divinity - Original Sin

Also you seem to have to reinstall the editor as while it's spamming these errors it refuses to accept any path changes.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Actually reinstalling didn't work for me. There is a config.xml file in "The Divinity Engine" folder you can edit to fix this. Note this is a separate folder than that of the actual game "Divinity - Original Sin".

You can use notepad to to edit the config file. Can copy and paste the lines below if you installed steam and the game to the default directory.

<EditorDataPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Editor\</EditorDataPath>
<DataPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\</DataPath>

J
jims709 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks very much guys, that fixed my problem smile

R
stranger
stranger
R
This solution doesn't work for me. I just purchased DOS from gog, so there is no steam related path anyway. The error message is a bit different from the OP though, but hard to copy since it's caught up in a loop (can only be stopped by task manager, very ugly). It's something about not being able to copy to restricted memory, possibly due to some bad memory. Which is nonsense: I'm installing on a relative (<1 year) new high quality SSD and have installed a lot recently w/o any problems. The game seems to run fine (at least the start), it's just the editor. My main install path for the game is C:\Spiele, so there should be no permission problem from here (Windows 7).

old hand
old hand
Try doing it all from an admin account. If youre not using one. The game has problems with limited accounts so editor does too probably.

You dont need the path to steam folder, just to the game data folder, wherever that is.

Here is the first video they did on how to set up the editor and start it for the first time:

http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/c/4542850

R
stranger
stranger
R
The video did it for me, thanks! I didn't know how to correctly set the path and once the path is wrong, you have no chance to change it from the editor window. Simple solution was just to delete the 'Config.xml' in the root path of the Devinity Engine installation. With the next start of the editor I got the path options again. Works now! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard