Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G'day folks.

Just another Larian Vault Collector's Edition buyer here with a question if anyone has the ability to properly answer it for me. I ordered just shy of June 20th and still got that Early Access key as compensation for the lack of dice.

I'm still waiting on my physical copy to arrive and currently not playing the game, but I have noticed that my uninstalled Early Access version of the game is still in my list as if a proper copy and most of all it seems to have the entire Digital Collector's Edition without the older games or second copies, listed in my owned downloadable content.

Those being:

Design Documents
Art Pack
Soundtrack
The Golden Grail
Zandalor's Trunks

That said, is this intentional for the Larian Vault versions? I was under the impression those were extra but entirely temporary keys unlike the other Early Access ones from other sources.

As I said, I've yet to get my physical copy of the game so I cannot confirm if the key used was the one I'll get in my box. If it isn't does that mean I effectively have three copies of the game, two spare for other people and two copies of the downloadable content with one spare for someone?

If anyone could shed some light on this it would great, so I don't go and use up another key I may not need to, or give it away and find out later that I did need it, assuming they key isn't the one from my box.

Thanks!

Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Anyone able to shed some light on this?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Beta keys have been continued on as release keys. Enjoy!

The Dude abides.
Support
Support

I would guess Larian will batch revoke the temporary keys once enough time has passed that everyone should have received the boxed copy.

Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
If that's the case then I may need a reply from Larian then, as much as I'd rather not bother them after their hard work. I just don't want to give it away thinking I was fine only to realise they revoke it a month later with no warning.

It doesn't bother me either way, as long as I know before my copy is sitting on my desk ready to install. Considering that I'm in Australia though, I'll likely be one of the last people to get it...seeing as ANZ is the most distant region from every other major region including Europe.

Mail and packages tend to take awhile. ouch

Last edited by Teknykk; 06/07/14 09:56 AM.
Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just a quick anti-burial bump for anyone official who can properly answer this for me (and perhaps many others). Thanks!

Last edited by Teknykk; 08/07/14 01:14 AM.
Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So my copy arrived now just shy of a month, as expected, and was not prompted to enter my Serial Key. Can anyone from Larian confirm that it is okay for me to give away the main key to someone close to me without risk of the Early Access Key being revoked, in addition to the original extra copy?

Keeping in mind the Early Access Key I was given was not a Kickstarter one, it was the one listed on the Larian Vault as a gift for the Dice being removed.

Last edited by Teknykk; 21/07/14 02:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
Larian has confirmed they will no longer revoke/destroy the early access keys for KS backers and as far as I know they never intended to destroy the keys for SEA buyers. You can send them an email directly or a PM on the KS website.

veteran
veteran
Regardless, if they end up destroying your Alpha/Beta key of your SEA purchase(which I seriously doubt they will) then they owe you another key because SEA was always intended to give you full access to the game once the Alpha/Beta period was over. You have bought a full version of the game when you bought SEA which is separate from your two CE keys.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 21/07/14 03:04 AM.
Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
As I said, the only bought copy I have is the Larian Vault's Limited Collector's Edition. We were given a free SEA key as compensation for the Dice being removed from this copy without a price change. The information given is conflicting, some implying these gifted keys will be revoked while others say they're an extra bonus.

I know they're all separate keys, but I need proper confirmation on the Larian Vault version, not assumptions based on Kickstarter or bought SEA copies. If it won't be revoked then I will simply give the copy on the back of the manual and the DLC to a family member, and the other spare copy to a random friend.

But as I said, I can't go on assumptions of other versions, it needs to be based on this one I have. Considering the conflicted information from everyone else and Raze, I'm sure you can understand my persistence on a proper response regarding this version.

Last edited by Teknykk; 21/07/14 03:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Teknykk
As I said, the only bought copy I have is the Larian Vault's Limited Collector's Edition. We were given a free SEA key as compensation for the Dice being removed from this copy without a price change. The information given is conflicting, some implying these gifted keys will be revoked while others say they're an extra bonus.

I know they're all separate keys, but I need proper confirmation on the Larian Vault version, not assumptions based on Kickstarter or bought SEA copies. If it won't be revoked then I will simply give the copy on the back of the manual and the DLC to a family member, and the other spare copy to a random friend.

But as I said, I can't go on assumptions of other versions, it needs to be based on this one I have. Considering the conflicted information from everyone else and Raze, I'm sure you can understand my persistence on a proper response regarding this version.

Hence why I suggested emailing/contacting them directly. They've replied to every email and PM I sent them so far. I am fairly sure you're not going to get an answer here.

Teknykk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah it seems that way, and have sent off an email regarding this. I just thought I might get a reply here eventually, but they're obviously busy with the patching, vacation and so on (which is a good thing).

I'll make an update here when I do get an answer just in case anyone else is also wondering.

Link Copied to Clipboard