Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello,

I would like to create an NPC or a companion using the player character model and as far as i know I can add the model into the game, but i can't figure out how to give them equipment, how do i do that?

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Well i also want to know how to add skills, set stats and have them equipped (using the in game resources), is this possible in the toolkit? anyone know?

Last edited by Cheeselord; 06/07/14 05:43 PM.
D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Please use the search function.

Consider this tutorial:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508931#Post508931

Regards,

Chris

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
This doesn't explain using the toolkit, rather the use of notepad++ and also doesn't explain how to set their inventory or make them as non-henchmen or pure NPC's. I'm just curious if the toolkit is capable of doing that, can i get an answer for this at least? and how?

Edit: I do not mean to disrespect, but I did read that before creating this thread, to elaborate further, lets forget henchmen for a minute, i don't want a henchman or a companion, i want a Non-Player Character, lets start with something easy, how do i set up a hostile NPC using the player character model and changing their visuals to look different as well as their model (besides being naked)?

Last edited by Cheeselord; 06/07/14 07:52 PM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
If you open up the Sidebar (use View-> Sidebar or Ctrl+B) and select the player model you've added, one of the boxes will be labeled equipment. You can select a set of equipment from there (the sets themselves are defined in public/(your mode)/stats/generated/equipment.txt). You can edit appearance like face and hair under the VisualSet box.

Note that the default equipment layouts (i.e. Class_Rogue) don't have armor. I'm not sure, but I also don't think npcs will equip stuff that they don't meet the requirements for.

If you want them to be hostile, change the Alignment box to "Evil NPC". You can add them to your party by checking the IsPlayer box, though I don't know how well that works. I suspect at the very least they will dissapear on map transitions unless you check IsGlobal as well. I don't know how Henchman and Companion hiring works yet, but it probably takes a bit of scripting to make them hireable.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
First of all thank you, can i kindly ask for further help? here is what i have hit:

1. Placing a character in the overworld map doesn't show the character when i load the game, i have activated the mod, and also teleported into the homestead and then back into cyseal, but there character isn't there.

2. Can you elaborate on equipment.txt file, how do i create one? and what values should be in it? is there a tutorial for it somewhere? the folder path also wasn't created, even though it loaded the defualt equipment i guess.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm still messing around but to no avail, i placed a character on the map of Cyseal, buy it doesn't appear in the game, what are the conditions to make a character appear? Is there anything that it requires to make it spawn?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by roguelike
If you open up the Sidebar (use View-> Sidebar or Ctrl+B) and select the player model you've added, one of the boxes will be labeled equipment. You can select a set of equipment from there (the sets themselves are defined in public/(your mode)/stats/generated/equipment.txt). You can edit appearance like face and hair under the VisualSet box.

Awesome, thanks smile
A thing though;
After doing this, you need to click "File" -> "Reload Level" in order to see your changes.

Last edited by n1x0r; 12/07/14 10:48 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard