Next Thread
Print Thread
N
n1x0r Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I watched the video series! Pretty awesome. Got interested in making an idea I have. However, I have many small issues to say the least - so is there any kind of guide out there with all the basics/a manual/a "let's play" - make a map kind of thing?

D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Really? I suggest you watch the videos again and pay attention. They are exactly what you are asking for.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by n1x0r
I watched the video series! Pretty awesome. Got interested in making an idea I have. However, I have many small issues to say the least - so is there any kind of guide out there with all the basics/a manual/a "let's play" - make a map kind of thing?

I dont think a lets play of making a map on Divinity would be wise lol. Unless it was sped up in editing and you voiced over it after speeding it up. Making a fully fleshed out map can take days - weeks.

N
n1x0r Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
It's fine guys. Found exactly what I was looking for http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/c/4542850. smile Some of the hotkeys which I wanted, scripting, story, etc. all seems to be vaguely explained and I'll figure the rest out.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by n1x0r
It's fine guys. Found exactly what I was looking for http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/c/4542850. smile Some of the hotkeys which I wanted, scripting, story, etc. all seems to be vaguely explained and I'll figure the rest out.

A good way to figure out how the story / dialog is done is just load up the Cyseal map pick an NPC which gives you a quest and has tons of conversation. Select that NPC then view - Sidebar, Look what Dialog file its using then go to story editor. Open that Dialog file and see how its been done smile

N
n1x0r Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Awesome! Will see what I can try from the main module

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Just remember you can access everything they did for the main campaign, and you are allowed to open it and move around, open, edit, change and tinker with everything and even if you can't save it. You can learn a lot from their maps and it will cut the learning curve a large amount even if you just spend 10-15minutes doing it.

Link Copied to Clipboard