Print Thread
#515018 10/07/14 08:08 AM
A
Aliasse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm in phantom forest on hard and the game now is too easy. I need a mod for increare hp (or damage) of mob and boss, it's possible?

Aliasse #515205 10/07/14 11:21 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
It is possible but the game will not become any harder, just annoying. Rebalance of the main attributes and synergies is the solution. At the moment it is unclear how though...

Aliasse #515232 10/07/14 11:45 AM
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
As Samael187 says. I/we could give All enemy Npcs +10 all stats, +100% vitality, +100% chance to hit, +20 AP per round/start/max, +10 movement, +10 sight/hearing, +20 initiative, 100% all resistance, immunity to everything from freeze to bleeding to crippled (some of this or all of it) - module done in 5 minutes and working with your current save. But I think the solution lies in other things - for example,
making rain make a smaller pool the first round and its normal pool the second round
making comeback kid only work once per turn
Giving proper checks against invisibility
Nerfing Zombie
Fixing issues such as bloodletting cast on a character with leech
Putting a cap on throwing chests with weight / scaling the AP cost for throwing based on the weight of the item.
Giving enemies new and varied abilities, such as teleportation, destroy summon, resurrection, battering ram, phoenix dive...
Increasing enemy melee's movementspeed slightly (could do this through)
Giving enemies abilities required in order to remove debuffs from other enemies (purifying flame, waters of cleansing, etc.)

And now we are suddenly moving into areas where I at least don't yet have control laugh

If you want to change the difficulty for your game, you find a file in Public\Main\Stats\character.xlsm which can edit the stats for you. (you may want excel for this) Once you are done open the "all", click "generate" (enable macros first if needed) and afterwards copy the whole stats folder (for ease) into your module. eg. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\SomeMod_df45fe79-4b46-4a2b-8d99-aae29d58db47

You find the public/main/stats/character file from unpacking the main.pak using norbyte's editor in "Editor Guides & Resources". Your module folder will be created once you open divinity engine, create a new mod dependent on both the main module and the main module's data. Save the module right away. There is no need to change anything in the mod. To make it work with your current save, you will need to use Rhidian's guide in http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514372#Post514372

Last edited by n1x0r; 10/07/14 12:40 PM.
Aliasse #515407 10/07/14 02:21 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Aliasse
I'm in phantom forest on hard and the game now is too easy. I need a mod for increare hp (or damage) of mob and boss, it's possible?

In general we'll want this answer either way, but I believe they are planning a patch this week and changes to balance was to be coming. My guess mid-late game would be addressed, this to me is one of the issues why we should have had the whole game in EA.

As for the part about just making this or that stronger with HP or Damage, the annoying part will be person to person. A balanced fight based on just adjusting those stats can easily be greater than annoying. Chess my wife would probably say Chess is annoying because it can be perceived as tedious, which can lead to annoying.

N1x0r do you know of the place where we can adjust the settings for Easy/Med and Hard?

Last edited by Horrorscope; 10/07/14 02:28 PM.
n1x0r #515421 10/07/14 02:39 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by n1x0r
If you want to change the difficulty for your game, you find a file in Public\Main\Stats\character.xlsm which can edit the stats for you.

BUT, as i've mentioned couple of times along the forum, there are many thing unclear for now.
Namely modding values of main attributes (i.e. Strengh, Dexterity, etc.) and so on...
Hoping, someone will make clear that soon...

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

N1x0r do you know of the place where we can adjust the settings for Easy/Med and Hard?

Yeah, as I wrote (I think) - it's in the Public\Main\Stats\Character.xlsm near the top. The further right you go the more kind of different stats come up, ie. abilities, immunities, etc.
http://imgur.com/DUwWvQp

n1x0r #515469 10/07/14 03:25 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

Yeah, as I wrote (I think) - it's in the Public\Main\Stats\Character.xlsm near the top. The further right you go the more kind of different stats come up, ie. abilities, immunities, etc.
http://imgur.com/DUwWvQp

Thanks, I'll check it out this evening. I may do a quick tweak to hard for myself...

A
Aliasse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
As Samael187 says. I/we could give All enemy Npcs +10 all stats, +100% vitality, +100% chance to hit, +20 AP per round/start/max, +10 movement, +10 sight/hearing, +20 initiative, 100% all resistance, immunity to everything from freeze to bleeding to crippled (some of this or all of it) - module done in 5 minutes and working with your current save. But I think the solution lies in other things - for example,
making rain make a smaller pool the first round and its normal pool the second round
making comeback kid only work once per turn
Giving proper checks against invisibility
Nerfing Zombie
Fixing issues such as bloodletting cast on a character with leech
Putting a cap on throwing chests with weight / scaling the AP cost for throwing based on the weight of the item.
Giving enemies new and varied abilities, such as teleportation, destroy summon, resurrection, battering ram, phoenix dive...
Increasing enemy melee's movementspeed slightly (could do this through)
Giving enemies abilities required in order to remove debuffs from other enemies (purifying flame, waters of cleansing, etc.)

And now we are suddenly moving into areas where I at least don't yet have control laugh

If you want to change the difficulty for your game, you find a file in Public\Main\Stats\character.xlsm which can edit the stats for you. (you may want excel for this) Once you are done open the "all", click "generate" (enable macros first if needed) and afterwards copy the whole stats folder (for ease) into your module. eg. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\SomeMod_df45fe79-4b46-4a2b-8d99-aae29d58db47

You find the public/main/stats/character file from unpacking the main.pak using norbyte's editor in "Editor Guides & Resources". Your module folder will be created once you open divinity engine, create a new mod dependent on both the main module and the main module's data. Save the module right away. There is no need to change anything in the mod. To make it work with your current save, you will need to use Rhidian's guide in http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514372#Post514372

Wow thanks for this guide.

For balance, these are all great tips and i hope some modder releases a mod like this soon. But for now, increase stat and hp it should be fine.

I do not think it is boring. Now my ranger and mage pretty much one-shotting every enemy we touch. Damage output is too high and enemies can do nothing. With this change, at least the enemies can put me in difficulty.

Aliasse #516047 11/07/14 02:00 AM
old hand
old hand
NM

Last edited by Horrorscope; 11/07/14 02:02 AM.
Aliasse #516104 11/07/14 04:12 AM
old hand
old hand
Question: I can unpack Main.pak, but if I try to repack it compressed or not, I always get an error. I have tried simply unpacking, then immediately repacking, no changes, error.

Any advice?

Last edited by Horrorscope; 11/07/14 04:12 AM.
Aliasse #516139 11/07/14 05:29 AM
old hand
old hand
nixor - I was able to generate - modify the xlsm's - and place the Stats folder with success. Much thanks.

I guess I cannot repack main and go that way with it, which is no big.

So I can see changes in Easy/Norm/Hard. I can see Attribute changes. See changes in skills.

In a previous post I read some notes about Treasure Modification and that is doesn't seem to be working. Is it in this manner modifying the xlsm or was that with you creating your own new items and trying to put loot in that? I've made changes, minor so it's hard to tell.

Aliasse #516292 11/07/14 08:49 AM
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Once you have edited the xlsm's you need to "generate all" in the all.xlsm file. The reason is that xlsm's are just for the looks - it is the relevant .txt that does the job!

This explains it pretty well!
Originally Posted by unuroboros
Just a quick note - the XLSM file is just a workflow tool. Changing it shouldn't actually make any difference to the game. Instead, the macros in all of those XLSM files are designed to generate the actual TXT or LSX files that the game will use. If you don't have Excel or just prefer to use another tool (like Notepad++), you can still make the changes needed. Just need to know what files the XLSM macros do actually output.

Yes, in the other thread about treasure I tried changing the treasuretable.xlsm file and the drop chances that way. However, it did not seem to work, so instead I changed root templates (in editor). However, you can do a lot of different things using these documents. Such as:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=514998#Post514998 (Making new recipes and fixing older ones)
Modifying presets of individual characters rather than difficulty: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=510295#Post510295
Editing individual spells and their affects:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=510228#Post510228
Just be sure to have a way to test it and confirm the changes ingame - don't just presume they happened (especially with main campaign, that one is tough!)

And you can do much much more. smile Once you learned how to edit one of the documents and rest will come smoothly.

Link Copied to Clipboard