Print Thread
A
Arcater Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi all,

do I need to add points for perception for both characters? Or will the better perception rate of one character always be used, even if he is not the active one?

Thanks!

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Doesn't matter.

Outside of the combat benefits of perception anyway.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I can tell you when I am wandering around I get trap warnings from various party members. I would take it to mean that every party member is testing perception as you hit detection radius.

old hand
old hand
It helps to a character with high perception; it helps a lot. A lot it helps. No clue what high is just high enough. One of those neboulus concepts. It helps a *whole* lot.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Brian Wright
I can tell you when I am wandering around I get trap warnings from various party members. I would take it to mean that every party member is testing perception as you hit detection radius.

This was my understanding as well. One character with high perception is all you need, but the detection is dependent on that characters radius. So if you have someone with high perception and you suspect traps in the area, it might be good to keep them in the front of the formation, or move slowly so they have time to detect things near your lead character.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Unless you are going for a high-crit character (e.g. ranged dex/speed/perception based), just have one of your companions/henchmen stack perception and the light stepper talent. All members of the party check for traps and secrets.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Link Copied to Clipboard