Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Weston Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi,

I've modded some games in the past but not tried with D:OS so far.

All I'd really like to do is to make my characters walk about 30% faster and maybe even run faster too.

How is this done?

---
I looked at somebody elses modded files that supposedly makes the character walk 30% faster but it was also included with major loot table changes and so after looking through the files I couldn't determine what part of it was responsible for making the character walk faster and don't want to alter the loot tables at this time.

Help appreciated, thanks in advance.

old hand
old hand
Not saying it is totally necessary, are you willing to start over?

Weston Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yes. For me being able to move faster would definitely be worth starting over.

old hand
old hand
Start here, at the top is the base mod with 30%. Talks about how to set it up...

Below there are additional speeds, in those cases you just copy one file over top the 30% one.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=507870#Post507870

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Another way to do it (without starting over, and easier) is to download cheatengine. http://www.cheatengine.org/. It's a hex editor. You can click "Enable speedhack", set the amount of times you want it increased (ie, 1.3x, 2x or 5x) and click apply and it will set the process you selected to that amount of speed.
You can find plenty of guides on it around the internet.
This will also speed up any animations of both your characters and other characters, while the movementspeed mod only modifies your own characters movement while everything else in the game stays the same speed.
Neither solution affects the combat, so no need to worry about that.
If you want to use the movementspeed mod without starting over, you can follow Rhidian's guide here on the forum of how to copy the .meta files around to make it work.

Link Copied to Clipboard