Print Thread
K
Kilrogg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi,

I've extracted all the PAKs into /Data as instructed in the editor setup thread (http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505777#Post505777), however once I do this, all resources in the Resource Manager are duplicated.

I'm guessing the editor reads the PAKs and the extracted resources simultaneously. I haven't seen any mentions of this problem on the forums, which I find surprising.

Am I doing something wrong?

I extracted each PAK only once, and I've tried deleting everything and doing it again and the same problem occurred.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I guess it is because you copied the data dependency on main while also copied it to your mod folder. This means it reads both from your mod folder and the main data folder.
What I guess you need to do (if you want to copy everything) - is to only make it reliant on the mod you created, and not the Main's data. (if you can uncheck that box, idk.)

M
stranger
stranger
M
I did the same thing. I think perhaps the tutorial is wrong, that you're supposed to unpak everything to a different folder? The guy who made the tool says later in the thread: "Don't unpack the .pak files to the game Data folder, as it can have interesting side effects and overrides changes that the official patches do. I suppose I should add a warning about that ..."

Wups.

K
Kilrogg Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Ah that must be it.

Thanks

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by monkhouse
I did the same thing. I think perhaps the tutorial is wrong, that you're supposed to unpak everything to a different folder? The guy who made the tool says later in the thread: "Don't unpack the .pak files to the game Data folder, as it can have interesting side effects and overrides changes that the official patches do. I suppose I should add a warning about that ..."

Wups.

Yup. Basically if you exctract the paks in the data folder,the game will load each resource twice.
It'll work in the majority of the cases, as most resource types were designed to be overrideable, however it may not work properly for some files (eg. stuff in the Public\Content\ folder), that's why you are seeing duplicate items in the resource browser.

Link Copied to Clipboard