Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Make it so we can pick up and stash team members.

If we can do that we can start making "familiars". And THAT would open up whole new worlds of character development.

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Conceivably you target them with a spell at first level that places their body in your inventory. Another spell would "conjure" them.

R
addict
addict
R
The fundamental problem is that Characters and Items use completely separate types of templates. Summon spells (capable of summoning a copy of any Character in the game) will cause a Crash To Desktop if they attempt to summon an item instead (I've tried this).

The work-around for this type of idea would likely involve Scripts, since those are capable of spawning/teleporting players/items around.

That being said, I'm now curious... what happens if a Summon spell attempts to summon a Player?

Edit:
Summoning a 'Player' (template) does as much as one would expect-

[Linked Image]

I don't think the answer to this type of mod would lie in Skills of any type; Summons are just too hardcoded to be the way they are.

Last edited by Rhidian; 30/07/14 04:25 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Well considering we can already "stash" henchman at EoT this really shouldn't be all that hard to figure out. The easiest way I can think of would be to just have the game generate a scroll or something when dismissing a henchman. Then when the scroll is used, it teleports them back. That's at least where I'd start, and go on from there.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Which is exactly the angle I used for this problem. I started by creating two items, one to summon Madora and one to summon Jahan.
The changes of the blank items were as followed;
-changed the name
-Set to global
-Changed OnUseActions to [1] Story_UseInInventory

After this, I created a new goal in the story editor to handle these events. Just for testing I kept it simple, copying over the hiring code from their individual goals. I also added a call to CharacterTeleportToCharacter to get them to appear next to the user.

This is the point where you would hide the item used to summon them, and you'd add a line to spawn the item back in the player's inventory when dismissing the henchman. I've skipped this part for now.

Image of party on cyseal beach (the voodoo dolls are the summon items):

[Linked Image]

-ck06
apprentice
apprentice
Good to see you're making progress. I'll actually look at this tomorrow if I have time and see what I can figure out.

Link Copied to Clipboard