Print Thread
K
Kildars Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Dear Larian Studio,

I have finished the game for the first time and there are some issues I really hope would be addressed in the future patches, before I can recommend this game to some friends for coop play. And I really would like to be able to recommend this to others with no reservation.

- Skillbook selection in merchants' inventories.
If you're not going to change the fact that merchants in the game never refreshes their inventories until the next level-up, then please let them have at least ONE skillbook of each skills, instead of having only a several skill types, but then multiple copies of those darn books. I'm sure you did not intend to pad out the game time by making anyone and everyone save&load!?

- Companions/Henchmen's customizability.
So, being able to hire a level one henchman and have them instantly get to your guardians' levels didn't necessarily make sense? I could agree with that. But please understand that was the only way we could make the other two in the party playable in our own senses. Unless we wanted to make the game artificially difficult and in the endgame and have a character that seemingly specialize in absolutely nothing, I don't think very many would even consider hiring any henchman above level...let's say 10. So please give us a way to customize (at least to certain extent) the non-guardian companions. Right now the only thing we could do, if we didn't want to take Jahan and Madora, is to get to the Hall of Heroes as early as possible and hire two level one henchmen which is feels so forced and it practically invalidates all the others that are not level one.

With the my above mentioned concerns the game currently very restricted, and I really hope, if the post release support for this game has not died, you would give us some more options in the future patches.

Other minor annoyances such as health bars under the character portraits turning permanently purple until you (once again) save and load, I'm sure will be addressed soon enough laugh?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi,

very good points Kildars.

I have also run into some annoyances that I would love to see improved:

- during play, when I scroll ahead around the map, the camera sometimes erratically moves back to my group. Also during battles, the camera recenters on the currently active enemy while its casting, moving etc. Maybe add an option for this to be disabled? I absolutely hate "clever" camera movement.

- when collecting items from the ground, moving through close quarters or when aligning my group for tough battles, I often click on a group member and initiate a conversation. Maybe add a switch to "click through companions". Half the time I also force them to leave the group by quick tabbing through the conversation options. maybe add a new option to the portraits to initiate a conversation by right clicking those?

- I have experienced *alot* of crashes with the latest patch (v1.0.107). These seem to be related to alt-tabbing out of the game.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Some more things:

- maybe add an option to ctrl-click on enemy protraits to initiate a normal attack? The snowmen in Hiberheim tend to bounce up and down. Caused me to misclick a few times and have my ranger to walk right up to them instead of shooting his arrows. Pair this with a shaky area, for example near the lava lakes in Hiberheim and it can get annoying.

- when switching the group leader, there is some wierd behavior: the previous leader will continue to fulfill its orders - happily running towards his or her destination. The rest of the group stops dead in their tracks. Moving the rest of the group will not deter the previous group leader.
Don't know if this intended behavior - but it is annoying to me. When I started out, I had a group member run across the map into fights a few times. Now I tend to watch for it, but it still makes moving around more of a hassle.

K
Kildars Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi there,

That's some nice additions...the difficulty in clicking some enemies in order to initiate the normal attack is really mind-numbing (not to mention your ranged character run up to the enemy just to eat the opportunity attack), and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wish to be able to move the party to certain place on the map on the map screen, just like you could on Infinity Engine games...
Also is it just me who can never reconnect a separated party leader to the rest of the party? I always get "too far from the group" message...

I have to say, the overall game is so nice and much coveted especially since there hasn't been a true CRPG in the recent years but the amount of the little annoyances this game has is simply amazing ~_~

P
stranger
stranger
P
I will second Babaluga's comments and add a few of my own.

In coop when it's not your turn you can't see how many AP you will have next turn for planning, so seeing this would be nice.

You can't switch to the inventory of another controlled character, meaning you can't check out potions, arrows, etc for your next turn.

It leads you the player who is not in control sitting with nothing to do before their turn.

K
Kildars Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
...if we really started listing every minute details we'd like to see improved this list will be endless.

That said I hope the devs see our points and are taking these things into account. Please don't give in to complacency now!! Assuming they do intend to keep up with post-release support for this game that is...

enthusiast
enthusiast
aaand the Cyseal north gate crash is back mid game,luckilly madora can now be found in the hall of heroes -.-

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
apprentice
apprentice
The camera re-centering on whoever is attacking is a minor nuisance. My only other issues is how enemies move a little, which can sometimes cause you to click the wrong spot is battle and make your character move instead of attack. Others have mentioned, but to me these are my only issues with the game. Not bad, Larian.

K
Kildars Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I've seen the patch note and from the looks and the sounds (that others have made about it), this game just got more annoying...I'm almost glad I'm not playing it right now.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Kildars
I've seen the patch note and from the looks and the sounds (that others have made about it), this game just got more annoying...I'm almost glad I'm not playing it right now.

Yeah the new patch is a huge step backwards with the following changes:
-Resists capped at 80, even in the case of shields, potions, and talents (e.g. Zombie)
-Leech nerf (some say this is an improvement, I think this is a slight step backward)
-Inventory changes (more of an annoyance, but still a step backward)

You can roll back your patch on GoG, and apparently it is possible on Steam, although I do not know how.

old hand
old hand
Players both here and Steam have talked about how much a joke the game becomes later on, some of the things that some are complaining about have been done so later parts keep a challenge.

Like always if the game was shipped the way it sits now, that would have been the happy standard. You can unpack Main.pak then edit the Resis cap back out (by making it really high again), in characters.txt. Prior to this patch I took it upon myself to place a resist cap in the game since imo a fair minded person could see that was cheese all the way.

EDIT: Another has create a mod already to put Reis back to where it was... more broken. smile

Last edited by Horrorscope; 22/08/14 12:47 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
then please let them have at least ONE skillbook of each skills, instead of having only a several skill types, but then multiple copies of those darn books. I'm sure you did not intend to pad out the game time by making anyone and everyone save&load!?

I don't agree it solves nothing because it penalize party with two characters using same abilities.

- So please give us a way to customize (at least to certain extent) the non-guardian companions.

I'd say the solution is this mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/21/?

It allows create 4 characters at creation, but yeah it should be endorsed by the game itself, quite like the Baldur's Gate feature allowing start a game and use the multi player to create more than one character so eventually a full party and play it in single player.

That mods is already great but the characters 3 and 4 should be tagged as standard Henchmen, and the mod allows create 2 character then right after two other. But the best would be to allow create the 4 at same time.

Last edited by Fend; 22/08/14 08:31 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by strider24seven

-Inventory changes (more of an annoyance, but still a step backward)

I came here to investigate about this point. hehe

It's now more classical, so for new players it's probably better. But the lame point is now identify and repair are very tedious.

I don't know what's the best, but really the ability to select a character for repairing or identifying, then check successively all inventories need be restored.

Now I admit that right click on portrait select the character and open inventory is much more clear.

And select a character portrait also change the inventory selected, is also more clear because more classical.

But even if it could seem non consistent arrows should NOT change the character selected.
Originally Posted by strider24seven

Yeah the new patch is a huge step backwards with the following changes:
-Resists capped at 80, even in the case of shields, potions, and talents (e.g. Zombie)
-Leech nerf (some say this is an improvement, I think this is a slight step backward)

I agree much less on those points, looks like there's a side effects on zombie so it's a problem to fix. But the dev are trying rebalance the game because there's too many basic builds OP making most combats trivial.

For me it's clear Leech was wrong, now I need try the new version to comment, previous was a crap in my opinion.

Very high resist was a clear problem, but also it was fun to heal from damages. So I'm more shared but I definitely agree that the game needs a better more tuned difficulty management. And high resist was too easy and simple.

So instead of revert fix the Zombie problem could be much better and dev continue fix the difficulty tuning management.

Last edited by Fend; 22/08/14 08:49 AM.
K
Kildars Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Haha...I tire of following the game's updates and all the associated "discussions" so let's simply jump to conclusions.

If there were so many things wrong with the previous versions of the game, then the game itself should have stayed early access and not be officially released. Since I don't play this game at all anymore I am not sure whether to be happy for the recent changes, but they clearly came with great amount of oversights that mess with other aspects of the same game, so for those who are happy with the changes AND are defending them, sincere congratulations are in order.

I was hoping I could recommend this to some friends to play online and now I know, it won't be happening at least until -75% xD

Link Copied to Clipboard