Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Currently I am working on a level that is like a mountain. This mountain has pass-throughs, bridges, and ramps leading up the mountain. See the screenshot to get an idea of the pathing up the mountain.

[Linked Image]

However, I am having trouble seeding the path up the mountain. It is as if the engine sees the bridges as having infinite depth, and this blocks the seeding. Look at this picture of the AIGRID to get an idea of what I mean.

[Linked Image]

I have tried seeding underneath the bridge and beyond, but to no avail. Is what I am trying to do simply beyond the engine?

EDIT: I also see I can paint the AI Grid, but this only allows me to walk over the bridges perpendicular to the path, and not underneath them. (not good)

thanks!

:Piston:

Last edited by PistonHonda; 04/09/14 01:43 AM.
old hand
old hand
My friend and I have run into the same problem for our mod. It doesn't seem like you can have AI grid on multiple levels within the same area. Such a sad limitation. Can't think of any areas where they do it in the main game, so I assume it's impossible. The best you can do is add a door or cave or something and have that teleport you to the other side of the bridge.

Hope someone knows a way to overcome this, but don't have much hope.

Last edited by Baardvark; 04/09/14 02:12 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
As Baardvark stated, this has never been done in the main game.

I would try to create two different bridges at the same location, make one of them walk through and the other a static item, then use triggers to trigger the itemsetonstage command.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Baardvark
My friend and I have run into the same problem for our mod. It doesn't seem like you can have AI grid on multiple levels within the same area. Such a sad limitation. Can't think of any areas where they do it in the main game, so I assume it's impossible. The best you can do is add a door or cave or something and have that teleport you to the other side of the bridge.

Hope someone knows a way to overcome this, but don't have much hope.

Isn't there an area in northwest cyseal (city) where there is a treasure box in an area bellow a bridge? I think you can walk under the bridge there.

Not totally sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard