#550548 05/09/14 03:02 PM
Z
Zyklus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hi all

Am playing co-op with my brother and every load screen is 3-6 minutes.

Playing via steam and have tried reinstalling, verified game files, changed video drivers and defragged the drive.

We both have 8GB of RAM and our friend, who has almost an identical computer has much shorter load times (sub 30 sec).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

D
stranger
stranger
D
I *think* it is that when you load, the host has to transfer the game state to the client, and this process is very very slow. I am running the game from a new SSD and have 16GB of RAM, there is no bottleneck there, yet I see load times over a minute for CoOp play. Are you playing over a local network or over the internet?

Z
Zyklus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Playing over the internet.

The load times are much the same if I am playing single player (just checked) or if I am loading the multiplayer game before my brother joins.

It makes the game almost unplayable. We are playing double lone wolf on hard difficulty so naturally there are frequent mistakes and reloads, but it completely breaks the immersion of the game when we need to have a 5 min break every time frown

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

If your friend's system specs are essentially the same as your and your brother's systems (comparable CPU / GPU / HHD or SSD?), then the difference would have to be drivers/software or some kind of system dependant issue with the game.

Does your brother also have compatible load times for single player?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Interesting. The only load time issues I get are with loading multi-player as a client. Single-player is pretty quick. During load as a client, I checked my system usage - network was in use but HD was hardly up to much, which is why I thought it was game-state loading over internet.

Z
Zyklus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
All firewalls/antivirus are off and have tried various drivers as well as programs like Razer Game Booster and NVIDIA Geforce Experience to no avail.

My brother says he notices a bit of a reduction in load times in single player but still well over 1-2 min.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version), for both systems. The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete all but one save from the host's zip and all from the other.
If possible, it wouldn't hurt to also have your friend's report.zip file (without saves), or even just a dxdiag report for that system (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard