Print Thread
#554903 17/09/14 05:50 AM
N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
After I told Bertia that Roberts stole her sheep, she went to report to the legion and imprison Roberts.

After Roberts had been imprisoned, I gave her the money Roberts gave for the sheep and she greedily accepts it but did not bother to get Roberts out of the prison.

She's such a bitch. How I hate her. Poor Roberts

Keep in mind that Roberts took away her sheep. The psychological damage to her could be significant.

Keep in mind that Roberts' actions involved more than just stealing (and burying) the sheep; even if Bertia considered that part of the matter closed, he was still an accessory to the corpse-snatching.

journeyman
journeyman
With a high Perception you can also notice that the sheep has bled from its anus.

stranger
stranger
buahaha....poor sheep

old hand
old hand
The laws from midevil times are far different to the laws of the modern day. Back then, it was no big deal to cut off the hand(s) of a thief. Usually it was the right hand as that is the dominant hand and the left one was used to wipe ones arse.

I think some of the Arabic countries still do this, as toilet paper is a rare commodity. So next time you watch Aladdin, just think, this guy probably wasn't able to wipe.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 18/09/14 02:47 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
Originally Posted by gbnf
Keep in mind that Roberts took away her sheep. The psychological damage to her could be significant.

Psychological damage? All I remember is her lamenting that if someone barbecued her sheep, she wasn't able to have any of it. Doesn't sound like someone emotionally damaged to me.

smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by NKL
After I told Bertia that Roberts stole her sheep, she went to report to the legion and imprison Roberts.

After Roberts had been imprisoned, I gave her the money Roberts gave for the sheep and she greedily accepts it but did not bother to get Roberts out of the prison.

She's such a bitch. How I hate her. Poor Roberts

On one of my playthroughs I thought that I had goofed and gotten Roberts thrown in jail, because of Bertia's little speech--but a bit later when I checked--Roberts was not in jail. I *think* I once asked the legion commander to put him in jail--still no dice, no Robert in jail, IIRC...;) I didn't really want him there so I felt better...

Edit: that was actually someone else I asked him to throw in jail--who never got thrown into jail--I think it was the bald man trying kill Cecil's adopted Orc daughter...

So you've actually seen him (Robert) in a cell?

Last edited by Waltc; 18/09/14 11:22 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N

Hmm, I thought psychological damage is only an invention of the recent century.

Btw, I thought they arrest him due to complicating murder of Jake the councillor and not psychological damage.

Haha, when discovered that Jake was not killed by Roberts, they did not release him.

Guilty until proven otherwise. That's the law of Cyreal smile

N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Cattletech
With a high Perception you can also notice that the sheep has bled from its anus.

Oh, poor sheep...

Hmm, but don't think that in the universe of Divinity, having sex with animals is considered a sin as don't recall it been mentioned in any book

N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by NeutroniumDragon
Keep in mind that Roberts' actions involved more than just stealing (and burying) the sheep; even if Bertia considered that part of the matter closed, he was still an accessory to the corpse-snatching.

Hmm, guess justice is very different in that world.

Btw, corpse-snatching is the sheep or Jake's corpse?

N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
The laws from midevil times are far different to the laws of the modern day. Back then, it was no big deal to cut off the hand(s) of a thief. Usually it was the right hand as that is the dominant hand and the left one was used to wipe ones arse.

I think some of the Arabic countries still do this, as toilet paper is a rare commodity. So next time you watch Aladdin, just think, this guy probably wasn't able to wipe.

How cruel!!!

How is the thief ever going to eat again?
I understand from my Muslim friends that they never use left hand to eat food with.
Now with right hand cut off, you have to use the hand that is stained with your faeces to eat your food. - I understand they usually eat with hands

N
NKL Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Jito463

Psychological damage? All I remember is her lamenting that if someone barbecued her sheep, she wasn't able to have any of it. Doesn't sound like someone emotionally damaged to me.

smile

Ya, I remember that too

Don't hate, people grieve in different ways.

Link Copied to Clipboard