#561920 27/01/15 04:02 PM
P
puff_ng Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
How did people beat him?

My party is level 19 and I've pretty much cleared Phantom Forest besides the Source Temple.

He casts four spells per turn and blesses his entire party. His minions are ridiculously good: fighters spam debuffs until one eventually sticks and then wrecks with physical attacks; mage spams damaging AoE fire spells which also heals the enemy. Their bodybuilding and willpower seem crazy high; it's pretty much a coin toss whether I can immobilize any of them with slow/blind/charm/knockdown. Their high HP means they'll recover before I can focus kill one.

Summons are so weak to be useless at this point. Accuracy of my fighter and marksman is 70-80% before bless/precision stance.

I don't even think you get exp for killing the minions.

How about incapacitating Imal (e.g. mute / blind / knock down), while you deal with his minions? What is your party good at?

EDIT: you always get XP for killing stuff in this game, regardless of your level.

Last edited by SleepyBadger; 27/01/15 04:17 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Summons don't give XP and his minions are summons.

The order of things I try to do is disable Imal, disable minions if possible, kill the minion that has Resurrect, kill Imal, kill the rest.

Use things to rise dps, like Oath, haste, Soulsap, Null Res and enabling Bully.
If you didn't succeed in disabling most of them, defensively, elemental shields are the best.

This is how I've dealt with him, if you're interested to see:
http://youtu.be/g53JT0MEo2s
Hard difficulty, lvl 18, Madora, Bairdotr and two mages.

Very nice video, Vaxsan! Indeed, getting rid of Imal asap and charming one of his minions works even better. smile And they are summons, indeed. I know I kept him down almost until the end which did the job too.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Before the dialogue ended I blinded Imal. He ended up not summoning anything and I was able to defeat him pretty easily.

C
C
Vaxsan's video looks like the classic version (there was a hard mode in the classic version? can't remember).

Which version are you playing puff_ng, and which difficulty?

Link Copied to Clipboard