Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Just started a new game. Got dual wand characters. They have aero wands which have chance to stun.

First couple of fights, it was a big mixup, and I ended up stunning my own characters as often as them.

Can someone tell me the rules for when stunning occurs and when should I use those kind of attacks?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hey Flamewave. Though I'm sure I don't holistically understand all of the mechanics involved with zapping things, I can tell you what I have experienced. I'm currently playing co-op with a buddy of mine, and he is using a wizard that uses a lot of electricity spells. My character is a Knight/Witch combo, so I play in the middle of the pack. Any time he uses a spell or attacks using his electric wand, I have to make sure I'm not in the way of a stream of lightning. I know that if I'm standing in water that I'm going to get stunned. I think those are the only two ways to get popped, but I could be wrong. I hope that helped.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by DustinMcMahan
Hey Flamewave. Though I'm sure I don't holistically understand all of the mechanics involved with zapping things, I can tell you what I have experienced. I'm currently playing co-op with a buddy of mine, and he is using a wizard that uses a lot of electricity spells. My character is a Knight/Witch combo, so I play in the middle of the pack. Any time he uses a spell or attacks using his electric wand, I have to make sure I'm not in the way of a stream of lightning. I know that if I'm standing in water that I'm going to get stunned. I think those are the only two ways to get popped, but I could be wrong. I hope that helped.

In the first fight aganist the zombies (outside the tutorial dungeon), the PC's are sandiwched between the enemis. If I use a lightning attack, I end up stunning all.

Is it becuase the bow zombies also make the PC's wet?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I would say that has a lot to do with it, too. My friend and I just stopped using streaming electric attacks if any of our party was close to the target. I can't tell you how many times he has stunned me and cost us the fight because he didn't think that it would hit me. Tactician mode is rough, so the enemies are going to set you up for stuff like that. I would just keep testing it and find what works and what doesn't. That's what I've been trying to do. This game is amazing, so I intend on putting several hours into figuring out how it all works. Good luck, buddy.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
If you hit an enemy and they bleed on the ground, that can also create a stunning pool of blood

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
- wand direct hits have a chance to stun/set on fire/freeze
- if you force attack a cloud or puddle(blood/water+aero, oil/goo+fire) they'll 100% electrify it/set it on fire/freeze it
- can't say for sure, but seems like hitting a shocked enemy with blood with attacks that cause bleeding will 100% electrify the puddle he is standing in

Those are the interactions that I know of.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by flamewave

In the first fight aganist the zombies (outside the tutorial dungeon), the PC's are sandiwched between the enemis. If I use a lightning attack, I end up stunning all.

Is it becuase the bow zombies also make the PC's wet?

Take a look at the ground. The first fight there is a puddle in the area. You basically start on the puddle. Also if your guys start to bleed (since skeletons don't bleed), their blood is also electrifyable.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard