Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hi.

I have two monitors and would love to be able to use them for local coop, since it's an awesome experience when each player has his dedicated canvas!

Now wandering around already works as it should and splits up correctly via both monitors (although the "forced fullscreen" message should be removed, but thats minor) but in combat you decided to offer just one single screen.

I would love if combat would still allow the use of 2 canvases and would offering a splitscreen option!

It seems not a big deal to me to implement, hope I am right :)

Thanks for the great game!

S
S
In combat, does it duplicate the same exact battlefield view to both screens, or is the entire picture limited to one screen only?

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
[quote=Sotanaht]In combat, does it duplicate the same exact battlefield view to both screens, or is the entire picture limited to one screen only? [/quote]

In combat, it combines the screen into one. This too is true when you remove "force splitscreen" out of combat, but combat mode essentially doesn't offer splitscreen.

Last edited by haldolium; 05/11/15 03:14 PM.
S
S
So it spreads the screen across 2 monitors ultra-widescreen style?

Last edited by Sotanaht; 05/11/15 03:30 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Yes.

no combat:
http://abload.de/img/combat_offuvpkv.jpg

combat:
http://abload.de/img/combatfjqtm.jpg

S
S
Well that's pretty bad.

Personally, i think if they don't want to splitscreen combat (which makes sense), they should duplicate the exact same combat screen to each monitor. That mergescreen is unusable if the monitors aren't side by side, and even then it puts a great big black bar in between the skill icons.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 05/11/15 10:28 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Sotanaht
Well that's pretty bad.

Personally, i think if they don't want to splitscreen combat (which makes sense), they should duplicate the exact same combat screen to each monitor. That mergescreen is unusable if the monitors aren't side by side, and even then it puts a great big black bar in between the skill icons.

Its not a viable option, because no matter how small your monitor borders may be, the cursor is split in half due to being in the middle of both screens and the camera is fixed onto that cursor, like in shooters. Right now I am forced to use one screen because of this. Which really is awful, since the entire HUD elements are created for TVs (huge) and not for small PC monitors. When I use splitscreen on just one monitor, it gets even worse.

The circumstance though, that Divinity alread has working dual monitor splitscreeen AND, even in combat, when one player opens the game menu, the screen gets split, I really see no reason at all not to offer that option.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard