Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
How to i teach Madora the value of mercy?

It's surly about the new Quest "Revenge of the Source Hunter" by sparing Norok. I have the Forgiving trait but still I can't spare him, someone knows more?

Last edited by lordfiSh; 08/11/15 02:08 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
hi, I believe Larian messed up this trophy. It is either bugged or requirements so twisted that explanation from developer will be needed.

I think that as nobody on PC/PS4/XBOX got this achievment yet.

Second on trophy hunters forums we were trying to figure it out and the requirements are sick, you are basicly forced to play with her whole game (trophies should not be designed this way), so:

Talk points for Madora, you must contradict her:
1. Tell her off for being mean about the Imp at The End of Time;
2. Take her to the quest in Cyseal with the man and his charmed orc, let them stay together;
3. Take her to the Mines in Luculla Forest and meet Mikas with her,
4. Take her to Hiberheim and save the Rock Elemental trapped in a crystal and forgive him;
5. Talk to the slave the two orcs are holding just near the Goblin Village waypoint in Luculla Forest
6. Talk to the humans in Hunter's Edge and tell her to be patient.

now why I think it is bugged:
"I kept challenging Madora at almost every instance throughout the game, and she wanted to leave Norok alone (alive). Unfortunately, choosing that option caused the quest to bug out and stall indefinitely. I found no other options to resolve the quest, such as completing the War of the Stones quest, etc."

Support
Support

In the dual dialogues earlier with Madora, you need to get her to become more tolerant, in at least 5 instances (playing in co-op, both players need to agree).

The relevant dialogue options are:
Cyseal:

After the sparkmaster -> Fortunately for us, no one did ask you, Madora. No magician is perfect, and this little fiasco doesn't justify a wholesale rejection of all wizarding kind.

After talking to the grieving orc -> What kind of Source Hunter can't show an ounce of compassion to someone so obviously bereft?

After killing Victoria and telling Eglandear -> I won't deny responsibility for Victoria's death, but I hardly see this case as a cause for special celebration. Victoria was no Sourcerer.

Decide to kill the Charmed orc -> It's hardly the union itself to which I'm opposed - merely that, if that love potion wore off, she might turn violent.
OR
Decide to spare the Charmed Orc -> Does the thought of interbreeding sicken you so? For my part, the union itself is hardly a problem, and I'd claim that anyone opposed to the couple on those grounds is small-minded indeed.

Talk to Thelyron about the healing stone -> Given your penchant for spotting Source in Cyseal's every harmless cranny, such an accusation holds little weight.

After talking to a guard next to a zapper [gate behind the King Crab] -> 'Doomsday device'? 'Source sapphire'? Why don't we keep along this 'poisonous path' and carry on with our 'insidious investigation.' Meanwhile, Madora, keep the crackpot commentary to yourself.

After leaving the homestead for the first time -> If what Zixzax says is true and we really are affecting the tapestry of time, I certainly want to know more!

Hiberheim:

After killing a snow warden -> Anything dependent on cloud cover for survival is better put out of its misery, I say.

Luculla Forest:

After talking to Lawrence -> I thought the same; his fawning is more likely a symptom of fear than of respect.

After talking to Almina at the Hiberheim portal -> Now that you mention it, it does seem rather foolish to heed the call of a disembodied voice within a known Sourcerer’s grotto...

Dark Forest:

After hearing Grutilda or Leonard talking about Norok -> Be patient; We can't blow our cover over a personal vendetta.

Link Copied to Clipboard