Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am playing on Xbox. Game is great! I am loving it!

There is only one major thing that annoys me and I think it should be fixed.

When in battle, especially ranged battles, I cant see the damage done to enemies, nor the attack animations. The top screen icons, which show who will attack next, get in the way and the damage shows right behind those icons. The camera should zoom out more when an ranged attack to a distant enemy is happening. Or maybe the icons should be on the right side of the screen.

I hope this gets fixed smile

Thanks for bringing this game to consoles

Last edited by Rafoca; 09/11/15 01:11 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Yeah, the controller interface occludes way too much.

Although that goes hand in hand with too much automated camera switching. Instead of putting the camera back into the character when casting, it should remain in the position the player chose initially (usually the target).

Last edited by haldolium; 09/11/15 02:40 PM.
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by haldolium
Yeah, the controller interface occludes way too much.

Although that goes hand in hand with too much automated camera switching. Instead of putting the camera back into the character when casting, it should remain in the position the player chose initially (usually the target).

I agree!

Also, the map should be removed when in battle, so the screen would be more "clean". We dont need maps on battles, to be honest

Last edited by Rafoca; 10/11/15 11:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
^ I don't mind the map in battle per say but I agree the screen is a bit clustered because of the HUD being too big. There's also too much empty space between the icons and the border of the screen. The ability to shrink the HUD and drag it towards the edges of your screen would be great. Or to toggle visibility, change opacity, maybe even disable parts of the HUD. More overview over what's happening around you is always a good thing. It's great that Larian thought about people playing from the couch, but those of us who play on a monitor are stuck with giant icons and text and should be given the option to play with the smaller PC HUD.

Last edited by TruthBeTold; 10/11/15 03:38 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard