Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Redon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
The crafting window is a really nice addition, but there's one thing about it that bugs me.

Inventory width: 10 columns
Container width: 5 columns (half)
Crafting window width: 9 columns? Why?

To illustrate why this is annoying, take a look at this picture.

http://i.imgur.com/zbyEhUw.png

The crafting window presents your inventory items in the same order, but because it's one column shorter, the last element gets carried over to the next row and everything is shifted right.

I know there's a inventory sorting function, but I prefer to split my inventory into vertical sections of related items because it provides a simple and consistent overview and structure that can expand indefinitely.

For those who like to organize in columns like me - I'm posting under the outrageous assumption that I'm not the only one - this means you can only have things organized that way in one window or the other.

The same things happens for backpacks or any containers: (they all have width 5)

http://i.imgur.com/ibxMHNN.png

Had the crafting window been given 10 columns, everything would divide and fit nicely both for bags and the inventory.

Not a huge deal, but it just seems like an unnecessary complication. Did nobody notice this? Does it have something to do with support for low resolutions?

In any case, please take it into account for the sequel, if it's going to have a similar inventory/crafting structure.

Last edited by Redon; 19/11/15 02:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
A good remark ! wink

I was hoping I can colour my backpacks in different colours via "fabric dye" (red, blue, yellow, black, ...) or at least give one backpack a golden colour (via the Golden Grail)
SO ...
I can organize my crafting (and other kind of items) items in 2 or more backpacks with a different colour laugh !

That will be easier to remember & see/find in one look which backpack I have to open ....
I was hoping ... because before the EE version I suggest something like this ....
maybe this function is to difficult to make ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard