Print Thread
#577085 16/12/15 06:21 PM
M
Migs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Please someone make a mod to return the sneaking AP reduction to what it was.
The only way I can have any fun playing rogue is to play vanilla DOS. frown

old hand
old hand
I don't think it's possible to bring back the AP reduction since it's hardcoded, but I'm trying to buff sneak by giving you positive statuses depending on your sneak level. Trying to find a balance between the silliness of sneak + attacking an enemy three or four times a turn, and the uselessness it is now. Having some difficulty getting the buffs to apply right, but I think I'll figure it out eventually.

Edit: I think I got it.

When you sneak with 1 or more in sneaking, you get 10 turns of a buff, so long as you stay sneaking. As soon as you stop sneaking, you lose these bonuses. It's a little hacky, but I think it works. Sneak 2+ gives you increased AP recovery and maximum to essentially give you a refund for sneaking next turn. I can't change the actual AP cost of sneaking, but this should help you use sneak tactically to hide behind things and get in a good guerilla attack. Boosting your initiative with sneak should potentially move you up in the combat order so you can sneak and then soon attack again next turn.

We'll see if I have to buff or tone down the bonuses. I think getting the AP recovery next turn actually quite nicely solves the issue of sneaking within a turn multiple times, while still giving it use between turns.

Sneak 1: Chance to hit +25%, Move speed +10%, Damage Boost +10%, +1 initiative

Sneak 2: Chance to hit +25%, Move speed +15%, Damage Boost +10%, +2 initiative, +1 AP recovery and maximum

Sneak 3: Chance to hit +30%, Move speed +20%, Damage Boost +15%, +3 initiative, +2 AP recovery and maximum

Sneak 4: Chance to hit +30%, Move speed +25%, Damage Boost +15%, +4 initiative, +3 AP recovery and maximum

Sneak 5: Chance to hit +35%, Move speed +30%, Damage Boost +20%, +5 initiative, +4 AP recovery and maximum

Last edited by Baardvark; 16/12/15 09:29 PM.
M
Migs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hmm, trying to understand the 10 turn buff as long as you stay sneaking.
As soon as you attack, you would unstealth and lose the buff wouldn't you?

old hand
old hand
Yeah, you'd lose it on attack or getting spotted or anything. These buffs make sneaking a better tool for hiding, repositioning, and then attacking on your next turn since you'll recover most of your AP. It's sort of like a reverse adrenaline. I don't know if the buffs are good enough or not right now, but we'll see.

I had to do it this way since I couldn't figure out how to deal with the problem of sneaking while in combat, immediately losing the sneak because you were spotted, and still getting the buffs without spending any AP, unless I made the buffs disappear upon losing your sneak. I would've liked to reduce the initial cost of sneak to 3 or 4, at least, but I just can't do that.

Last edited by Baardvark; 17/12/15 06:44 PM.
M
Migs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Baardvark
I would've liked to reduce the initial cost of sneak to 3 or 4, at least, but I just can't do that.

Maybe Larian can if we all shout loud enough!!

old hand
old hand
Well, for now at least, my mod is up. If you just want the sneak buff, you can download my mod (V1.6), and just use the Base.CharScript file. That also contains some other changes like code for an ability, and buffs to guerilla and speedcreeper to give you buffs on going invisible, buffs to the anaconda (chance to weaken on crushing damage) and demon/iceking talents (heal 5% of water/fire damage), and code for a status steal ability (which uses the cursed status if you have pickpocket skills, though, so it could be OP with malediction, which I remove the ability to curse with elsewhere.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68/?

M
Migs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks Baardvark, I'll give it a go and see how I like it.

Link Copied to Clipboard