Print Thread
S
Suporex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey guys,

I got back to DOS and I have installed new patch, game now lags during fights badly. gets to the point that it looks like complete freeze and I am not sure if it hangs or not. Fortunatelly it did not hang yet, but it takes all pleasesure from gaming.

Anyone else has this? any way to fix this?

PS. I finally uploaded one of videos that has the lag. Just skip to 6:30 to see what I mean, it happens a lot between 6:30 and 10:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck4zK1XRnsU

[EDIT] and I am only in Cyseal, I am probably 12-15h in

Last edited by Suporex; 01/03/16 11:34 AM.
Support
Support

Someone emailed support about a similar issue with pauses sometimes ending turns in combat (especially in larger fights with lots of surfaces, etc). I'll forward your video link, and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Support
Support

This is a known issue, though so far QA has not been unable to reproduce it. One time that it was observed happened after a opponent charmed a player character, so maybe that is related... or it could just have been a coincidence.

Usually saving and reloading should help.

S
Suporex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you for your answer Raze.
I use charm a lot, it is true, but those happen not only after charm I think, I have now more videos with this issue.

But I will try to observe today if it is indeed charm related. I can provide my save if that can help Larian QA team to try and reproduce this issue as I would appreciate fix.

Please let me know.

Support
Support

If you have a save where you can reliably reproduce this problem, or notice any patterns that can trigger it, then yes, it may help to have that save to test with (supportdos@larian.com).

Since reloading may fix the problem, reproducing it would probably require a save before a fight starts, and a general description (if applicable) of the actions/tactics needs to cause a problem. If you find a save where reloading doesn't help, or no particular actions are required to cause the freezing, that would probably be even better.

S
Suporex Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
OK, I look into that. I think I can provide save like that.

[EDIT]Definitely not 'charm' spell related issue.

Last edited by Suporex; 03/03/16 02:40 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard