Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I don't dislike the generic background. Though is certainly could use some sprucing up.

Change it to "Blank Slate". Generic has some negative connotations and will immediately present the player with the idea that they are not as important.

Now here is a side suggestion... but if you really want it to shine. When you are assigning Keywords to it like Noble. It could add on a BIT of backstory to it. Not a lot just little tidbits.

I mean I'd personally would like "Generic" to be a more Lego-block background that while not as indepth as the other backgrounds is still substantial. I understand that it kind of exists also to not be as tied down to the narrative.

Last edited by Neonivek; 10/08/16 03:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
Well, apparently Tags (such a lore-breaking name ROFL) help in setting a number of unique identifiers.

So no background can be actually completely "blank". But I do love the small backstory. Lots of modding potential there too.

addict
addict
Hmm. I agree that "Generic" has poor connotations, but "Blank Slate" also has connotations of... Well, blankness.

Perhaps they could call it "Fresh Start" or "New Beginning" or something else in that theme. This avoids any connotations of it being boring. It would also imply that it's a custom build while keeping in theme with its description.

stranger
stranger
I agree that "Generic" doesn't sound ok for the protagonist's origin.

I wish they would let us fill that window with our own short story. It might not mean much to many players but it would be a little nice roleplaying touch, at least for me! :)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beloved
I agree that "Generic" doesn't sound ok for the protagonist's origin.

I wish they would let us fill that window with our own short story. It might not mean much to many players but it would be a little nice roleplaying touch, at least for me! smile

Like in Neverwinter nights?

stranger
stranger
Precisely! I remember I've done this in some other RPGs as well.

I think it is a simple feature to implement, but it adds a cool "pen & paper" touch to the game, saving us from that "generic" feel of the origin story.

Last edited by Beloved; 10/08/16 12:16 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beloved
Precisely! I remember I've done this in some other RPGs as well.

I think it is a simple feature to implement, but it adds a cool "pen & paper" touch to the game, saving us from that "generic" feel of the origin story.

And a "nickname" tag.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard