Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Hi, most of my characters are really weighed-down by the large amount of books they are all carting about with them and I'm not sure whether it's ok to ditch some or all of them to free up the space and weight. Is there a way of knowing which (if any) I need to carry about with me?
Cheers

Last edited by TheAntsAreBack; 14/09/16 10:33 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Id say open all of them and then put them in your [spoilers]homestead chest[/spoilers]
I wish we can name backpacks that way we know what packs contain.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Cheers for the reply, but do you know if there is any way of knowing whether I need to keep any of them?

A
stranger
stranger
A
At the moment I dont i just finished the game for the first time yesterday and by the end my inventory was a huge mess this time around Im going to use backpacks and I'm going to Immediately sell my loot instead of just let it sit there

A
addict
addict
A
Maybe you guys permit to mention my new mod here that offers several functions for item management, especially transfer functions for different item types (potions, food, recipe books, treasure, armor, weapons etc.):

Mod: BetterLogistics

It might be an option for your next playthrough.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Inventories are a mess, but that's not my main problem really. It's the weight of all those books that's the problem. If there was a way of knowing which ones I can drop it would be useful.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Mods? This game can be moded? How mod friendly is it. like bethesda games? Im on xbox 1 if mods are a thing op i would say your best bet is look up mods for your situation but if your on console then inventory managment would be key make sure you read every book and letter you get then toss it in a packpack or homestead chest. As for how to know what books you should keep my general rule is keep all forms of writing somewhere.

A
addict
addict
A
Mods? This game can be moded? How mod friendly is it. like bethesda games?

Larian released a quite powerful tool to mod the main campaign and create standalone modules. And many game files can be edited. But for a couple of reasons (Editor to be updated, delayed Editor release, no documentation, no actual support, some basic things hardcoded etc.) Divinity modding didn't really grow, despite its big potential. D:OS 2 will have dedicated mod support and better tools, so we can hope for more.

Back to topic: I have a recipe book transfer to separate this type of book from other books and a transfer function for quest items. As far as the devs declared all quest relevant books as story items you can separate story relevant and other books quite easily. But that's just an offer. Your main problem seems to be identification of story books which is quite impossible. But most books should be sellable after you read them (if not all books).
And as Azothoth suggested: improve your inventory management, use containers, barrels, baskets, backpacks, chests to store items at a location of your choice (inside or outside your inventory).

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I own the EE on pc and ps4 but I'm playing on console at the moment so no mods for me. I've stashed all my books in a crate in Cyseal but now I'm left with a nagging doubt that by not having a particular item on me I might have halted a quest progression somewhere...

A
addict
addict
A
I don't remember any book you couldn't burn after reading.

stranger
stranger
Inventory management is one area where the game needs to improve badly. It is all too easy to loose track where things are for each of the four characters, not to mention when crafting items. And while backpacks do help to better organize things, the fact that they cannot be renamed means you have to waste a lot of time to open them and see what items they have each and every time.

Support
Support

Place an item beside or below each backpack, related to the type of items that you put there. You'd loose the ability to auto-sort the inventory, but it would let you know at a glance which container help scrolls, arrows, books, quest items, etc.

There are also a couple named backpacks or other containers in the game.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Related, it would be nice if once a key has been used it disappeared. My main has about 45 keys permanently in his inventory that I don't know if are safe to throw away.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard