Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I finished the content and I am sad because I am out of game. Overall I was very pleased.

Here are some things I experienced that I feel could use some improvement.

Camera Stickiness
The camera is a frustration. The camera does not stick to the active character well at all. It's easy to get the camera to stick back on the character, but I'm constantly having to take the action to manually get the camera back

Combat Camera
I've turned off the active camera in combat because after every action, the camera jumps back to the current player. This is an issue if I'm sending multiple attacks to the same enemy. It would be preferable if I could have an active Camera which only jumped back to the current player between turns

Camera Visability
There's lots and lots of stuff blocking the camera. Any tents are particularly tough to deal with. It would be better when walking under something for the amount of roof made transparent to be increased, and it would be good if there was a key/button to make roofs disappear so that when I am trying to interact with somebody under a tent/tree I can find them without zooming in.

"Red" stealing actions
When interacting with an NPC near a bunch of items that have a "Red" hand when you hover over them, indicating you will be stealing, there's a high chance that if the character is moving when you try to talk to them you'll miss and accidentally steal something, leading to negative reputation or a fight. It would be nice if I could be in "no stealing mode" by default and only steal if I hold a key or turn on stealing.

Camera distance
25% or so more zoom out distance would be a godsend

Memory
I was concerned about memory from the beginning and I feel my concerns were warranted. The problem with Memory isn't that your characters are too weak, it's that you are forced to make less fun choices. Divinity is more fun, but not unbalanced, when you can cast a crazy variety of spells. Even if you dump into memory, as I did, you eventually reach the point where you have multi-slot spells. This will force out the utility spells that have a low power level, but make you feel clever when you use them. Memory encourages players to Min/Max.

Eating people
When my elf ate people, if I was in the inventory I would have to close it immediately to see the text or it wasn't obvious what was happening

Journal
When I get a new journal entry, I can't tell what it is. I'm often staring at my journal trying to remember what's new.

Quests/Dialog per party member
While quests and dialog per party member might make sense for the model of the game, in practice it meant I often had to run through the same dialog tree 2, 3 or 4 times if a different party member clicked on the same NPC. Sometimes one party member will complete a quest, and another party member will start it again.

Inventory
While seeing all of my party's inventory was nice, there's no sorting. I need to sort by value and I need to know what's new because it's hard to tell what I jut picked up.

Crafting screen
You seemingly can't switch party members on the Crafting screen. If I open my inventory, then open the crafting screen, and then press ESC, first the character screen disappears, then the inventory screen, then on the third press the Crafting screen goes away. Crafting is on top of the UI, it needs to go away first.

Recipes
This was somewhat of an issue in D:OS. When I used a new recipe, it might or might not appear in my recipe book.

A Bug or Two

There's are two sarcophaguses in a tomb later on. One is a normal container you can open. One is a usable item that does nothing, although some characters will complain about the heaviness, but not all.

The Shriekers act very oddly if attacked. Combat starts, they die, then they're on the ground. When you use the Vampiric drain spell (Whatever it's called), combat starts and they die and combat ends and the "your turn" marker gets stuck on screen

In the final battle with Gareth, as soon as I kill the Shriekers, Gareth and friends charge in, and then immediately avoid running to the Magisters and go to the left of the castle. If I follow them, they all run to a small, non-interactive boat and then disappear. I guess I'm on my own.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Very good suggestion re a 'No Steal' mode. I could have done with that in Skyrim, all those shopkeepers standing right next to counters full of wares waiting for me to accidentally pick one up and call the guards...

journeyman
journeyman
if gareth runs there u had one talk u didn't do with him where he tells u his intentions if u ask the right questions... [Spoiler] they run for the ship to attack that and u should handle alexander...

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kyle Olson
Memory
I was concerned about memory from the beginning and I feel my concerns were warranted. The problem with Memory isn't that your characters are too weak, it's that you are forced to make less fun choices. Divinity is more fun, but not unbalanced, when you can cast a crazy variety of spells. Even if you dump into memory, as I did, you eventually reach the point where you have multi-slot spells. This will force out the utility spells that have a low power level, but make you feel clever when you use them. Memory encourages players to Min/Max.

This, so much this. The memory requirements are way too rigid and powerful compared to the rest of the mechanics.

Divinity is indeed more fun if you can cast a crazy variety of spells.

Journal
When I get a new journal entry, I can't tell what it is. I'm often staring at my journal trying to remember what's new.

Yepp. And actually the journal isn't very helpful at all. It's usually so short that it doesn't contain any valuable information. In an old-school hardcore RPG without (one can still hope...) quest markers the journal should actually be informative, giving the player a clue what to do next, whom to possibly talk to, where to head. I'm pretty sure, a one-liner isn't really suited to fulfil that task in most situations. Right now you have to switch between the journal and the dialogue screen to get a clue how to progress in quests. That's tiresome and would be unnecessary if the journal would contain all the required information you could gather from dialogues, exploration and such.

Quests/Dialog per party member
While quests and dialog per party member might make sense for the model of the game, in practice it meant I often had to run through the same dialog tree 2, 3 or 4 times if a different party member clicked on the same NPC. Sometimes one party member will complete a quest, and another party member will start it again.

Fully agreed.

Last edited by LordCrash; 24/09/16 11:57 PM.

WOOS

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard