Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#594006 20/10/16 09:51 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So I'm playing through the game in the enhanced edition (completed it once in the vanilla version) and I'm at the tail end of the Hiberheim quests, shortly after taking down Boreas.

And...all the voices are suddenly gone! The subtitles appear, but both the combat quips and actual npc dialogue is completely silent. No voice acting. I tried reloading an earlier save, and I realized it's the whole game; no matter how far back I go, no one has voices anymore. I didn't do anything between my play session last night (it was normal) and booting it up just now.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or suggestions? I don't wanna abandon my playthrough but this it's un-natural this way.

Support
Support

Did you create a new profile when you started a new game to test?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anything sound related? (or anything that may have auto-updated last night, like an anti-virus program)
A couple of people have had sound problems caused by the Razer Synapse program running in the background, though not exclusively with voices AFAIK (usually stuttering or cutting out completely).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If you are using speakers, do you have headphones you can try, or vise versa?

In the audio options, do you get the sample sounds played if you move the Voice slider? Are the FX, Ambient and Music ok, if you change those sliders? (or in-game)

Did you try changing the sound quality in the options? You could also try changing the Windows sound quality settings.

Check for updated sound drivers, and maybe Windows updates in general.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you create a new profile when you started a new game to test?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anything sound related? (or anything that may have auto-updated last night, like an anti-virus program)
A couple of people have had sound problems caused by the Razer Synapse program running in the background, though not exclusively with voices AFAIK (usually stuttering or cutting out completely).

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If you are using speakers, do you have headphones you can try, or vise versa?

In the audio options, do you get the sample sounds played if you move the Voice slider? Are the FX, Ambient and Music ok, if you change those sliders? (or in-game)

Did you try changing the sound quality in the options? You could also try changing the Windows sound quality settings.

Check for updated sound drivers, and maybe Windows updates in general.

I did not create a new profile, I'll try that out next.

Verified steam files. Everything validated but the problem persisted.

The voices DO play in the options menu. Like if I raise or lower the slider I can hear the sample voice fine. But any voices in the game proper don't play. Interestingly, the combat grunts are there; just not the dialogue or battle cries. All other sounds play normally; music and sound effects. I don't have any weird hardware of software and AFAIK nothing has changed since turning the game off last night where it was fine. I'll look into updates regardless.

Thanks, I hope I can fix this smirk

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard