Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
One of the major drawbacks of Original Sin Enhanced Edition (and which I also see in DOS 2) was the inventory management. I hope more is done to make it easier to manage the inventory. So far I understand this is an alpha and that many inventory management improvements will appear in the final release. Having said that, two suggestions I have are:

1.- Being able to rename backpacks is badly needed to more easily manage scrolls backpacks, potion backpacks, arrow backpacks etc.

2.- Also, items the party sells to vendors should be removed after some time from the game. Otherwise you really have to ensure only to sell to vendors who you do not plan to purchase equipment from. There are few things as frustrating as having to go through too many items to sort it out which items the vendor has just replenished and which you already sold and are useless.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by al969238
One of the major drawbacks of Original Sin Enhanced Edition (and which I also see in DOS 2) was the inventory management. I hope more is done to make it easier to manage the inventory. So far I understand this is an alpha and that many inventory management improvements will appear in the final release. Having said that, two suggestions I have are:

1.- Being able to rename backpacks is badly needed to more easily manage scrolls backpacks, potion backpacks, arrow backpacks etc.

2.- Also, items the party sells to vendors should be removed after some time from the game. Otherwise you really have to ensure only to sell to vendors who you do not plan to purchase equipment from. There are few things as frustrating as having to go through too many items to sort it out which items the vendor has just replenished and which you already sold and are useless.

add 1 also set color of bag is a the classic RPG feature
add 2 DOS1 had sorting on vendors - most expensive, latest added. Whn latest added is a default sorting then all the old stuff is down there, so its ok. And you could buy back some old stuff or craft material you accidentally sold.

veteran
veteran
3. The "X'S Backpack" bar should be highlighted in light colors (dark letters on a light background) for the currently selected character. It makes it much easier and faster to know who the currently selected character is. Just a quality-of-life thing.

addict
addict
How about also adding the drop-down list in DOS?

Sort by: weight, gold, durability, last added and so on.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Don't get me wrong before I make this post. This topic is important to at least give Larian an idea of what you want... With that over

I get the sole impression the reason there is no inventory sorting (and the fact that you can't hide your inventory from your buddies) is because they haven't gotten around to it yet.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Neonivek
and the fact that you can't hide your inventory from your buddies) is because they haven't gotten around to it yet.
I guess, main feature is still "competitive questing" whatever it means,so privat backpack is a must.

One quality of life thing -
There is a chain character menu on the left of screen. But when inventory is open or shop interface is open - for some reason, the solitude window ignores other controls on the screen.

What I mean - Example - task
- when shopping you want change a character
- there is nice side chain menu with beautiful head pictures, but its not available. You need to press a little arrow button (few times !!!) to get what you want.
That is sick.
The left screen chain menu, should be used for all the charater selections needed. e.g. any dedicated interface, shop, craft,inventory, ... whatever - should use this menu. Creating another selection method is confusing.

So dear Larians, would you be so kind, Keep it clear and consistent. When I need choose another char, then there is the only one menu for whole game play to do that task. Do not offer me few different menus for one task.

I know it means redo few screens but, not so much. Consistent feeling would worth it.

Similar thing, consistency of shape. Default inventory is horizontal. I know where items are. Then I go shopping and all my items are sorted vertical, so I have to search again where is what. What I need to sell or not, check the values again because icons are similar. That is bad design from beginning. Inventory must be shown in all interfaces in same shape to keep feeling of MY inventory. When a game sort it differently in every task (craft,shop,equipment) its odd. I feel like someone else mess with my stuff.

Also one nitpick - the DOS1 character menu has chains visible all the time. Now, chains are visible ony when couple/decouple character. That is feeble. Currently coupled chars are just stick together. Or show space between. More chains please. Chains are great. Also, in old menu when decoupling the chain was longer, now its just a tiny bit of something. Make it raw and brute again.
Thank you.

Last edited by gGeo; 22/12/16 12:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
Here's another idea for improving the interface/inventory:

When you go to buy a skill, if you now it, it says in red text "You already know this skill". It should actually check ALL current party members and if someone has it, it should read "[Character Name] already knows this skill."

It's simple, and can save a little time for little effort.

veteran
veteran
To make this option more usable it probably should work more like this:
A can't learn
B can learn
C can't learn
D already learned

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard