Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The poster is not myself. I found the info from a post on the DOS2 sub-reddit.

If the link does not take you straight to the proper post you will find it near the bottom of the page.

Polymorph and Summoning RPG Codex

Last edited by Kokoro-Sensei; 14/03/17 03:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
Stoked. Hopefully a patch this week. Though I'm a bit unsure what the over all strategic theme polymorph is going for. I hope it's generally complementary to melee builds, and ideally it won't be only or at least entirely int-based, but we shall see.

I'm also a bit nervous about transforming enemies into chickens further emphasizing the domination of hard cc. At least chickens should be able to move around and maybe peck enemies for some small amount of damage.

Last edited by Baardvark; 14/03/17 10:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Baardvark
I'm also a bit nervous about transforming enemies into chickens further emphasizing the domination of hard cc. At least chickens should be able to move around and maybe peck enemies for some small amount of damage.

Right now they just flee. laugh

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
"There are 2 new character presets.
The Conjurer has starting skills with 2 types of summons, one that you can control in combat and the other a fixed totem which automatically uses a ranged attack against an opponent, and a ranged attack spell that does a random type of damage and creates a surface of the same type.
The Metamorph starts will skills that can give the character an offensive boost, morph an opponent into a (specific) weak creature, or attack and disarm an opponent."

From Raze in steam russian-speaking thread.

N
old hand
old hand
N
My current issue with Polymorph as cool as it is.

Is that it SEEMS to step on a lot of skills toes and does nothing unique itself mechanically.

It even has a teleport which would be the 4th skillset that has a self-teleport.

But we haven't had our hands on it yet. So everything I say is just fear.

---

If I had to guess what Polymorph is trying to go for tactically...

It is a skillset that is based around keeping to a target. Pull them towards you, bring yourself over there.

With a strong focus on self-buffs and set ups.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This theory makes it sound like a go to value point for Strength based classes I hope there are some deficits to it.

Rogues are the best
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Bullethose
This theory makes it sound like a go to value point for Strength based classes I hope there are some deficits to it.

Given that Strength characters have NOTHING else going for them...

Naw.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard