Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I don't know about part one but I can answer part II: non used characters update - when you use them, you can choose how to allot EPs. Contracted characters (you may not be that far yet - available in a room at the end of time) do not improve - you get what they are when hired. I've never used them myself; I THINK they do get better as you use them.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Caninelegion - when you say "part one" and "part II", do you mean Divinity and Divinity II? I am playing Divinity, and have gotten far enough to hire/add characters to my party. I brought a mage into my party, I just want to know if I go about the game as is, and complete a bunch of quests and earn experience points, will the characters that I have NOT brought to my party earn experience points even when I don't use them...? It's been my experience that in some RPGs, the characters you DON'T play with never advance in level or earn experience points, so you have to use discretion with leveling them up along with the rest of the playable characters in the game, and with other games the characters that are available to play will earn experience points and level up even when you don't use them. So my ultimate question is... if I go about Divinity with one character played aside from the two characters I made a the beginning of the game - will the other hireable characters that I am not using earn experience points and level up along with the characters I am playing?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
No; you had two questions and I couldn't answer the first. Poor choice of words on my part.

There are two ways to add characters to your party. One is by talking to the four people hanging around various areas near the first city. Three are in the city, one a bit outside. the other way is to pay a merchant of sorts at the end of time/home world for a mercenary. The mercenaries start the same regardless but if you choose say two of the original talk-to characters and later go back and choose one of the other two, that one will have accumulated EPs that you can then disperse to build up the character like he was with you the whole time.

I don't want to spoil things but, then again, this will happen regardless. There are two ways to "find" the "end of time" both in the initial city. The first one of the two that you do will immediately whisk you there. In that place, as the game progresses, you will unlock rooms. In one of those rooms, you can hire mercenaries (but still have a total of four in your party). Oh, and don't worry - once there, you can come and go as you please easily and quickly so you don't have to complete a bunch of stuff first.

Last edited by caninelegion; 30/03/17 09:38 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Praise the Raze for his incomprehensible patience.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Is there a place in Cyreal for my charcters to rest and regain their vitality/hit points? And I have been looking for new characters to add to my party, I found only one - a mage. And can someone give me some battle tips - to avoid spoilers, I won't say where I am in combat or what is going on, but I have been at a place where I have tried a given battle numerous times, but have been unsuccessful. I have a few small healing potions, but maybe I need a new strategy.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Another question that comes to mind - To avoid spoilers, I won't say where I am in Cyreal, but the place I am at is giving me a rough time. I am low on healing potions, and am low on gold. Is there a place where I can heal my characters, like an Inn or something, so I can go back to the battle that is giving me problems and have progress from that point.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Yes but it requires some things to happen first. You can't sleep on a stranger's bed but sometimes, if the owner goes away for good, the bed is free.

Support
Support

You can rest in a bed, etc; there are some sleeping mats in the army tents close to the north gate waypoint, some in the (not quite as convenient) Hall of Heroes, and usable beds in several houses.

Jahan starts with a healing spell, and it wouldn't hurt to have one or more other party members pick up some (Regeneration and later Water of Life [water], Cure Wounds [warrior], First Aid [ranger]...) and you can also use food.

If you talk to the legion commander, get permission to enter the crime scene in the King Crab inn and then do so, you will have to walk near/past 2 of the other companions. Explore around town enough, and you can find an area with some combat suitable for level 2 or 3, as well as the last companion.
Madora, a 2 handed knight walking around the Kick Crab bar
Bairdotr, a ranger locked in a cage outside the legion headquarters
Wolgraff, a scoundrel in a set of tunnels under Cyseal, with multiple entrances in town, and one just outside

There is experience available in town from quests and exploration. Another companion should help with combat, and when you leave town, the easiest direction is out the gate behind the King Crab (the only one open, that you don't need to talk to a guard to be able to leave).

If guards see combat, they will come out to help, though can also get in the way of where you are planning to use AoE effects (the magic ballista on the walls are also usable, if combat is close enough).

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I used the balista once; tried a second time and the guards attacked me smile

Didn't know about the sleeping mats (I used another place after finishing a minor, quick and easy quest). Guards wouldn't even let me cook in their campfire so I assumed they'd get angry if I slept in their tent.

Support
Support

The guards at the gate behind the King Crab are a little more laid back; you can use the campfire there. There are others, but that one is relatively close to a waypoint, and on the way to the crafting area behind the blacksmith's house, with the furnace and anvil.

The cursor colour will let you know if something is owned / off limits when you mouse over it; white can be user or picked up without issue.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Ok, I am lost for ideas here, I just talked to Roberts, and got a lead to dig in the graveyard. I did some digging, and found the sheeps body. I did the quest tied to the sheeps body, and then discovered that there are four people who could have made off with the Jake's body. I talked to all four of them, but got nothing special. I checked my log and the last entry is listing the four possible culprits, but nothing more. What to do? btw, I can't talk to animals.

Support
Support

Search the homes and/or workplaces of the 4 suspects, as well as the crime scene. There is no court system to grant search warrants, so you'll have to do a little sneaking or break and entry to poke around. Once you have something more substantial than rumour and speculation (see spoiler for a hint), the relevant suspect will be more forthcoming. If you had Pet Pal, that would open up a possible solution where Pickpocket could come in handy.

You'll need 3 pieces of circumstantial evidence.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Raze, thanks so much for all of your advice (without giving too much away, I am appreciative). A question - in Divinity, what is the money situation? I know I am at the very beginning of the game, but am in fear that I am using up my lock picks too quickly. I know I will find some, and can make them too, but should I use my lock picks sparingly? I have been poking around back rooms and hidden spaces, which is thrilling in its own right, but I am afraid I will eventually be out of picks when I might need them the most. Any thoughts?

Support
Support

Eventually you should have plenty of gold. Stealing or crafting can speed that up, but are not necessary.

Earning a honest living (newbie friendly)

As long as you check for keys, etc, before resorting to using lockpicks, you should be fine.

You can craft lockpicks from nine inch nails, which you can buy from the mortician (in addition to randomly in loot or merchant inventories).

Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition Crafting Table searchable / filterable

Divinity: Original Sin EE - Crafting Guide

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I have come to notice that two of my characters have yellow exclamation points above their heads. What do they mean?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It means they have something to say to each other: try initiating a conversation between them. The responses depend on what (if anything) you set their AI to.

J'aime le fromage.
N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Does what I choose for them to say affect the gameplay or the story?

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Are we allowed to ask quest related questions in this thread? I have a couple questions, but don't want to give away any spoilers.

Support
Support

There are dual dialogue which can give traits (ie after reading the diary on the body on the starting beach, or at the tutorial cave entrance), which can provide various bonuses. Other dual dialogues are tracked to determine the main characters' overall affinity (how much they agree) and attraction (how much they like each other), which influences a very small part of the epilogue.

You can ask anything game related in your own topic. Anyone reading through would see the progression and stop reading if they didn't want spoilers. You can always start general and become more specific (after you get to Luculla Forest, if you head east...) so people are warned if they have not gotten there yet, or you can use spoiler tags by enclosing text in [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler] (with spaces added, so they stay in plain text).

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I have quite a few quests on my log list, most concernig something outside Cyceal, but concerning the quest with Jake's murder, I found the dagger and the note, and I thought I picked up a book in Esmerelda's (sp?) bedroom, I went back and didnt see it anywhere. I walked to Aureus's building, and mentioned some things, but I don't know what to do next...? To him, I mentioned the dagger and probably the note, but I don't know where to go from here. Help!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard