Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Support
Support

Three pieces of circumstantial evidence are enough that they can not be easily dismissed. Confront Esmeralda with this evidence, or you can talk to the legion commander (or save and try both).

The book is found on the ground floor, not upstairs in the bedroom. You can find an item upstairs useful if you have the Pet Pal talent (an alternate way to narrow down the list of suspects).

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I have quite a few items in my character inventory, items that need to be identified. I don't have the skills to identify things, is there a place in Cyseal where I can have items, weapons, armor, etc all identified?

Support
Support

Merchants can identify items, for gold. If you keep an eye out you can find rings with Loremaster bonuses. If you are not using 2 Lone Wolf main characters, you can recruit a companion you are not otherwise going to use, level them up by having them join/rejoin the party, and use them to learn Loremaster, crafting and blacksmithing (take the Scientist talent); that will save ability points for your main group, but be extra hassle passing stuff back and forth when you want to use the identify / crafting / repair mule.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
How do I get a merchant to identify any given item? What are Lone Wolf characters? How do I level/relevecl them? And I was looking at my Log page, when I hit the filter button, half of the quest listings are removed. What does this mean? And does completing quests have to go in any particular order? I was looking at my quest list, and quite a few take place outside of the city (Cyseal). But when I go to the city gates to venture outside, I am told by the guards that I am not of sufficient character level to effectively survive out there. Any thoughts?

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Also, while my rogue goes happily looting people and rooms galore, I have come across some things that I haven't a clue what to do with. I'm talking about things like paintings, dinnerware (cups, plates), pillows, bags of meal, etc. Now, there was a game I used to play where when you loot things such as these, they could be sold for money. Is this the same situation with Divinity? I'm sure some things might be sold to the appropriate person, like cloth die and such.

Support
Support

In the trade window, there is an 'Identify Item' (magnifying glass) button at the bottom, to the right of the trade button (checkmark) and repair button (hammer). After clicking the button, the cursor changes to an identifying glass, and you can click on unidentified items in the character's inventory list to get a conformation window stating the cost of doing so.

The Lone Wolf talent gives some bonuses to a main character, but reduces the maximum party size by one. If both characters take that talent, you can not recruit any companions or henchmen. One of the bonuses is an extra ability point when levelling, but it is not retroactive, so this talent is best taken at character creation.

When companions join the party, if they have less experience than the main character that asks them to join/rejoin, they get an experience boost to match. Henchmen only gain experience when they are in the party, and don't get a boost when they join/rejoin.

The 'Filter Completed' checkbox removes quests that are done (solid black diamond).

There are quests with requirements to complete, or that need access to particular areas, etc, but other than that there is no particular order. It is possible for a main plot quest to make certain side quests unavailable (ie triggering combat with an entire town will block side quests that may have been open), or killing an NPC can block side quests.

There is one gate with no actual gate, and no check on level or party size, which is the easiest gate to leave by (suitable for level 3 or 4). If you explore in town enough, you can find an area with combat sutable for level 2 or 3.

Paintings are worth a lot; sell them, or trade them for skill books, etc. Cups and pillows can be crafted with, plates sold, knives crafted into daggers (which scale to your level, so even paper/gold knives are useful). Type stuff into the crafting table (link above) to see if there is something that can be done with it.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
What link are you referring to where I can type in an item and find out what it can be crafted into? And what do blank magic scrolls do? And I was poking around my character inventory, if I use the R1 or L1 buttons (on the PS4), I can sift through my current in-backpack items via categories. For example, one category is keys, one is healing items (potions, food, etc). What are the different categories?

Support
Support

Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition Crafting Table searchable / filterable

Blank scrolls can be crafted with, to produce blank spell books, or random scrolls.

The categories are All, Equipment, Consumables, Magical, Ingredients, Keys, Miscellaneous.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Suggestion: if the in cave tutorial were beefier, people wouldn't have these sorts of questions and the little hints are too quick to read. Crafting needs to have books lying around explaining exactly what to do - there are some but they are cryptic. The first time with a merchant should have a short tutorial, etc. It's all likely in the manual but with complicated games, it gets long and things are often not retained well. I think for paintings, at least some of them, there IS a comment (written) that says something like, "valuable, sell it" - perhaps more of that and things like, "no use/junk", "can be crafted", etc may be in order. It won't happen for this one as enhanced is likely the last remake but it may be something to keep in mind for newer games. Larian certainly does better then others but, shoot for the stars! We don't want to get like AGEOD with games people start, stare at the screen thinking now what, then give up never to buy one of their games again.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Caninelegion - if I asked a dumb question, I apologize. I'm just trying to get things in the clear, so I can understand things. Sorry about that. So anyway, I spent my game time yesterday identifying all the magical items – armor, weapons, etc – and equipping my characters with them. And something caught my eye – maybe I saw it wrong – but I was equipping my first main character (one of the two I made at the beginning of the game) with some weapons and armor. I had a long list of things to equip. I took inventory – of armor for example – and had my first character put on a helm (one of about four to choose from). I went to my second main character, and when I went to give him a helm, the remaining helms matched what was left after I give a helm to my first character. So, my question is… when equipping characters, do they share the carried equipment, or can they only equip what they have in their own personal inventory?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Not a dumb question at all! I've only been at this forum for about a year and I've seen many similar questions (and asked quite a few similar ones myself) that a few tweaks could head off.

Last edited by caninelegion; 24/04/17 12:40 PM.
Support
Support

In the controller UI, when selecting items in the Equipment window, all available items that any party members are carrying (of the respective slot type) will be listed. If you go through the Inventory window, only the equipment that that particular character is carrying can be equipped.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
If I am in the of a battle, and I have to flee back to town, when I get back to the fight, will all of the damaged enemies be healed? And if I am in combat, and try to figure out my next move, will enemies still attack me when I am trying my next move?

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Is there a setting in Divinity where you can either allot skill points to wherever you want, or the same setting turned off will only allow you to spend skill points evenly – you have to spend points so that each skill has a point before you give a second one. Does Divinity have such an option to toggle?

Support
Support

If you flee from combat the opponents will be healed when you return, but the dead ones still dead. Opponents can not act on your turn; you can answer the phone, go make a sandwich, etc, while thinking about your next move. Nearby allies can not act on your turn, either, unless they have not been pulled into combat (NPC patrolling or behind a closed gate blocking line of sight, player character sneaking or invisible).

The number of ability points required to learn a level of an ability goes up as the level increases. For level 1 you need 1 point, level 2 needs 2 points, etc. If you have an ability from a talent, trait or equipment bonus, that is not considered; for example, Jahan starts with the Scientist talent, giving a level of Blacksmithing and Crafting, so learning level 2 of either would take 1 point, level 3 would be 2 points, etc.
At higher levels you start to get more ability points per level, and you do not need to use the points right away.

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
How do I use a bow & arrow? I know how to equip a bow or crossbow, but they are two-handed weapons.. if I equip a bow, how do I use arrows? I put the bow in my character's hands, but what do I do with the arrows?

Support
Support

For normal attacks, you don't need arrows. For special arrows, double click them in your inventory, right click and use, or add them to a skillbar slot and use them from there (click or horkey).

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I am having some problems with Ardu's robot in the cave north of Cyseal. It deals out some serious damage, it takes out my character in a flash. Can anyone give me tips on fighting the mechanical creature. And what does the lever do?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
There's a book that Ardu let's you have that gives commands for the robot; find it and use it. smile

Support
Support

There are 3 levers in the cave, which can disable the robot's main weapon for a turn.

The robot is vulnerable to electricity, but any kind of air damage (including air damage reflection on equipment) will charge the Sparkmaster's main weapon.

You can use equipment bonuses or potions to boost the air resistance of whoever gets close enough to trigger combat.

Using the remote to vent steam, or otherwise surround the robot in a steam cloud, can get it to stun itself trying to use the ultrabolt attack.
If you can keep it knocked down, that would help, as well.

If it is still too tough, check for equipment/skill upgrades, etc, or do other things and come back for it later. It is also possible to sneak or use invisibility to get through the cave without triggering the fight.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard