Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Heck; I just shut down it's weapons with the control box and the handy instructions that you get from Ahru. I think you can shut it down completely (three options) but then lose experience points that you would otherwise get. Is there an advantage to using the levers (which I never noticed) or just fighting it straight up?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I could never get the control box to work. Then again, I am "that person" who'll always find the wrong way to do something.

J'aime le fromage.
N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Well, the three/four guys that were already in the tunnel keep using air attacks, which trigger the strong attacks from the robotic creature. Should I wait for them to be defeated before I start attacking? Am I to understand the lever will disable the creature for a round?

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
I am trying to find the best way to defeat it, hopefully without losing experience points, but if I have to go that route, so be it.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Originally Posted by Neveroddoreven
Well, the three/four guys that were already in the tunnel keep using air attacks, which trigger the strong attacks from the robotic creature. Should I wait for them to be defeated before I start attacking? Am I to understand the lever will disable the creature for a round?

Those guys take quite a chunk out of it - I tend to support them to keep them alive but, with the weapons turned off, the machine doesn't do a lot of damage and their air attacks don't trigger anything. Without the control box, I don't know. I defeated it once that way (after a lot of help from Raze) but opted to use the control box every other try. It was my very first play through so I don't remember how I did it - luck probably.

Vometia: are you sure it wasn't working? I don't think there's a message or anything - it keeps fighting with the weapons disabled option - just doesn't do much damage.

Last edited by caninelegion; 04/06/17 01:56 AM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Cast rain and go all in on lightning, IMO. It dies very quickly, and you can knock down / stun it through most of its turns.

Support
Support

If you find the NPCs there more trouble than they are worth, you can keep them from joining combat by engaging the first in conversation, having the rest of the party continue on and start the fight, then end the conversation and have that character use a teleporter pyramid to join the rest of the party.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by caninelegion
Vometia: are you sure it wasn't working? I don't think there's a message or anything - it keeps fighting with the weapons disabled option - just doesn't do much damage.

There is that possibility, but given that I can't even work the remote for the telly, I'm thinking that "she's doing it wrong" is the most likely explanation. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
How does the controller work?

Support
Support

Use it from the character's inventory, and if another character later in the turn order (or earlier in the next turn) is close enough to use it, pass it to them.

Angry - Happy - Angry : vent steam

Angry - Angry - Sleepy : discharges electricity (can't use lightning bolt attack, unless it gets charged again by air damage)

Sleepy - Sleepy - Happy : deactivate melee attacks

Angry - Angry - Angry : deactivate controller
Happy - Happy - Happy : "party time"

N
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
So, if I disable the machines melee attack or the shock attack, how long will those be in effect?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Permanent as far as I can tell (except the recharge via air attacks). Never tried leaving in the middle of the fight; it may have to be done again in that case. The instructions that say what Raze listed above can be found in Ahru's room (he gives permission to take them if you ask the correct questions) as is the controller.

Support
Support

Actually, you should be able to take the controller instruction manual even without talking to Arhu.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hello! I am a newbie in an RPG genre. And i am completely stuck in the Luculla forest. Goblins and spiders constantly tear me apart. I think one of the problems is a my second main character. 10lvl male Cleric. I find him completely useless. Probably i shouldn't tried to create a hybrid class (paladin style) character, as his melee and magic powers are very weak both. I don't know in which direction should i lead his level-up...

His stats are

Strength - 11 (3 from Gear)
Dexterity - 5
Intelligence - 7
Constituion - 9 (1 from gear)
Speed - 7
Perception - 5

Weapons

2 on Single-handed (and that probably a mistake, i find two-handed Madora musch more useful)

Defence

Arm. spec -2
Shield spec/ - 3 (1 from gear) (meh... it's lame, shield is not so good in blocking to prefer it to two-handed...) I don't know, should i drop shield and develop two-handed or dual-wielding?
Willpower - 1(1 from gear)
Bodybuilding -2

Skills

Aero - 1
Hydro - 1
Man At Arms - 2

I don't know is better to invest in melee as he is 11 str. with gear or try to make him more a battlemage? But as far as he using heavy armor his movement is very bad also. Lvl 1 spells are useless against many enemies in Luculla.

Also.

Blasmith. - 1
Crafting - 4
Telekinesis - 3 (i find it useless too)
Lore - 2

I will be glad to hear what can i make with a most useless member of the party. First i thought Cleric will be able to use a lot of healing spells. But healing from hydro and cure wounds from man-at-arms are not so effective as i thought to be, and because of cooldown he is not near the position of main healer of the party, his one-handed + shield melee attacks are weak and his magic spells are weak also, he is also very slow because of heavy armor. I don't know what to do with him, if he was not a main character, i will rather drop him.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Really simple newbie question here. Is it possible to set up dual wield weapons in the hot bar? My guy goes between bow and dual daggers a bit. In a game like Neverwinter Nights, I could drop two weapons on the same hotbar spot, or a one-handed weapon and a shield, and the game would figure it out. Is there anything like that here? Thanks.

apprentice
apprentice
I've got 1 point in Expert Marksman and 1 free skill point to invest for. But i can't invest it in EM, there is no "+", why? I am lvl 3.

apprentice
apprentice
Ah got it, i need more ability points.

Originally Posted by Kokkolar
I've got 1 point in Expert Marksman and 1 free skill point to invest for. But i can't invest it in EM, there is no "+", why? I am lvl 3.

You have to spend 2 points for rank 2 in a skill, 3 points for rank 3 and so forth.

edit: Ahh, too late. smile

Last edited by Raban; 25/06/17 06:48 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
How can i open that skull-door in the Black Cove?
https://postimg.org/image/fic7p44xn/

Support
Support

Hit the correct switch, the
Blood-Stained Switch,
which is
down the stairs south east of the skull, then to the west

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard