Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The ways you can debuff are oddly limited in D:OS2. Especially when you consider the stupid number of ways that you can remove debuffs AND set things on fire or freeze them.

If you want to roleplay as a typical mage, you have everything you need: Rocks, Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire, Ice and Lightning. Why did I type Fire so many times? Because there are more than 4 times the number of ways to SET THINGS ON FIRE when compared to ANY OTHER DEBUFF.

And this is my point.
+ There are only TWO spells for poison, and one Source Acid Spell.
+ There are only TWO ways to FREEZE an enemy using spells.
+ There is 4ish spells for stunning with electricity.
... Compared to the 9 different fire spells that deal damage and/or create fire fields.

The bias is stupidly obvious, guys... Come on. I would settle for a reskinned fireball that creates a poison field. Or a reskinned lightning bolt that freezes. Otherwise, DRASTICALLY reduce the cooldowns on Ice and Poison spells to compensate. You are limiting player builds and creativity by forcing us to rely on items for our debuffing needs.

I want to be the Pope of Pestilence, and I can only spread my glorious plagues every... 3 turns. At best. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Last edited by Fluffington; 26/05/17 02:18 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
This, in theory, is exactly where Spell Crafting should fill the void. Combining Fireball with Poison Dart should make a poison exploding ball of green fire.

Same with the Frost Shock idea with mixing Lightning Bolt with an ice spell.

Plenty of neat things to do with this if they have the time before launch to get it finalized.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard