Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all,

Just downloaded the Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition Editor to mess around with in preparation for the DOS 2 editor and immediately ran into some issues. I was able to direct the data paths to the proper directories and created my own test module with a test level, but after this it doesn't bring up a blank level, but rather a tab that is titled "Eyes of a Child" that has loading screens and music playing. I also had to add my level to the translated string table.

The editor won't close when I try to exit out of it either, but it still responds. I've had to exit out of it via the command prompt a couple of times while I was trying to figure it out on my own, but I'm completely stumped as to what's going on with this thing.

I'm running Windows 10 if that makes a difference. Anyone aware of any compatibility issues there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

old hand
old hand
Closing the editor has always been a tad buggy. I don't run it in 10 so can't speak to that issue specifically.

For the main issue, I was sort of confused about how you phrased it.

but after this it doesn't bring up a blank level, but rather a tab that is titled "Eyes of a Child" that has loading screens and music playing.

So you can never get past the generic D:OS loading screen? A new blank level has no terrain btw, so it will look completely grey. Does it work if you try and load the main game in the editor?

The music continuing to play is an annoying bug, I can tell you how to sort of fix that one later once you get a level working.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, it brings up a tab titled Eyes of a Child (1214x372). Happens if I select the shared dependency or the shared and main dependency if that matters. After the loading screen does its thing the work area for the "Eyes of a Child" tab is black with the menu music playing in the background. I'd upload a pic for reference if I knew how to.

Does the same thing when I load the main module as well.

Last edited by Ghatt; 23/07/17 02:20 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ghatt
Yeah, it brings up a tab titled Eyes of a Child (1214x372). Happens if I select the shared dependency or the shared and main dependency if that matters. After the loading screen does its thing the work area for the "Eyes of a Child" tab is black with the menu music playing in the background. I'd upload a pic for reference if I knew how to.

Screenshots:
Hit the print screen key, open up paint and paste in the screen shot. Save it. Then upload it to http://imgur.com/

You don't need an account, just hit "new post" at the top.

Last edited by SniperHF; 23/07/17 02:21 AM.
Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
[img]http://imgur.com/a/idfR9[/img]

Thanks, btw.

old hand
old hand
When you first load a module:

[Linked Image]

You get the first message box in the above image right?

Do you get the second one after choosing a module?

Because the screen shot you posted doesn't seem to have a level loaded, it should say the level on the top bar after the mod name.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep, I get both of those.

old hand
old hand
What are your editor and data paths?

Open the editor > hit cancel instead of loading a module > go to options > preferences

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Editor data path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\

Game data path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\

Also, while looking in the debug message panel there are quite a few "Bound is dirty while rendering" and "failed to add file" logs in there.

Last edited by Ghatt; 23/07/17 02:49 AM.
old hand
old hand
When you load a module and level and it comes up black as your screenshot shows, do all the menus still work in the editor? Can you open file/view/options/etc?

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah, the editor isn't locked up or frozen. When I click the "Switch game/Editor" button it brings up this http://imgur.com/a/idfR9 as a matter of fact.

Seems like the editor is functioning, it's just loading the wrong data.

old hand
old hand
The bound is dirty and failed to add errors are basically always there AFAIK. Mine has them right now too.

Have you tried verifying your Divinity EE game cache in steam? Maybe the data paks are corrupted.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
It all verified just fine. It's a weird one.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Have you tried hitting "Switch game/Editor" on the main module?

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
It actually seems to be working now. Hadn't run DOS EE since I reinstalled my system a couple weeks ago and it looks like launching the game did the trick. No idea why, but I'll take it.

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

old hand
old hand
That's weird. Game might unpack some stuff on launch or something.

If you have any other random editor questions feel free to post them or you can nag me on steam. This isn't exactly a highly trafficked part of the forum haha.

N
addict
addict
N
The editor uses your ingame player profile (from Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<name>\profile.lsb). If you haven't started the game yet, the profile doesn't exist, which breaks the renderer for some reason.

Ghatt Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again, guys. Your help was much appreciated.

Link Copied to Clipboard